BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Opinions on places to eat/visit during SJU layover
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Opinions on places to eat/visit during SJU layover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer A. Rose (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 3:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all,

My husband and I are planning our 3rd trip to Bonaire at the end of October (90 daze and counting!!!) We will also be traveling with another couple who have never been and they are really excited too! The last 2 times we have gone, as well as this time we will have a layover in SJU and we will be staying the night in Old San Juan (it makes it less of a strain to try to make the flights etc... plus we can enjoy the nice city). In any case, I am sure there are BT's that have suggestion on places to have lunch and dinner or cocktails or any must see places. We prefer local establishments or anywhere the cruise shippers might not go (no offense of course!). We have seen the forts etc... and am sure we will take our friends there, but any other suggestions? Thanks!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6198) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 7:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jennifer, tapas at El Convente:-)

here are some more suggestions
San Juan Airport Tips

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3252) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love La Bombanera for breakfast: hot PR coffee if you like that and grilled Mallorcas.. don't ask, just try it. I had fresh squeezed OJ. I love Dragonfly and then Carli's Cafe for music and dessert. Try Cafe Manolin for local lunch. I stayed at El Convento. It was nice, but not over the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer A. Rose (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Saturday, August 2, 2008 - 7:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanx!!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration