BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Airline Checked Bag Policy
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Airline Checked Bag Policy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6188) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 12:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just received this from Expedia, it seems that now all of the carriers are charging for the second bag (and some the first).
Airline Checked Bag Policies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3951) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think with all the extra fees it may make it more problematic to bring dive gear - such a dilemma. Dive gear or clothes - dive gear or clothes. I can see a new PADI specialty course - Naked Diving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6895) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Cyn! I checked Delta's allowance and for Caribbean (and other flights) we are allowed two (2) bags max of 50 pounds each.

I guess you have to actually click on the icon for the airline you want to check out and be certain you refer to the domestic and different international destinations and allowances.

Nice page, too! Thanks. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalie S (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #149) on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 9:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are you sure about Delta? I'm flying Delta to the Bahamas in August and the site specifically stated when I booked my flight that only one (1) 50 lb checked bag was included; 2nd bag is $25 extra.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6898) on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Natalie,

Here is the quote from DELTa's link contained within the link in Cynde's post, first on this thread. Take a look at the link and click on Delta and "view policy". Go through the section to determine what the Bahamas route permits. It really does spell it all out nicely.

Bonaire is International and 2 bags are permitted (checked). Thanks. Carole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will this fee be charged to International passengers?
No, the $50 bag fee for the second checked piece of luggage will not apply to international flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire ) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #705) on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 7:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

At least for right now. Give them some time, and I am sure they will follow Continental's policies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #227) on Friday, August 1, 2008 - 7:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just saw this about it: http://www.travelagentcentral.com/airline-policies/delta-raises-increases-checked-baggage-fees-9507

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Zeneski (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #153) on Friday, August 1, 2008 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got this message today from DAE:

Greg Zeneski wrote:
I would like to know what the baggage rules , limits and extra fees
are for travel between CUR and BON. I am traveling with a group of 8
people on August 2 and August 9.

Dear Mr. Zeneski,

Per person is it 20kg allowed.
For excess baggage is: $2 per kilo.

I hope you have a nice flight with us.

Kind regards,
Sudali
Call Center Agent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3434) on Saturday, August 2, 2008 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Eight people! You've kind of insured the plane will be full and that luggage may be a consideration.

We've were lucky on our last trip to not get charged for excess baggage on Tiara or Divi. But the possibility gives one pause, for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Traci (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had received that same message about the restrictions when we inquired. But on July 30 two of us traveled from Aruba to Bonaire on DAE, (plane made stop in CUR to let off and pickup passengers), both checked bags were over weight by several kg and we were not charged. We also had regular size rolling carry-on's that they did not weigh. DAE did great by us! But if you read enough BT messages, I guess some would consider us lucky.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration