BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bring the Dog on Vacation to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Bring the Dog on Vacation to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise Bergland on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

Can anyone tell me who I could talk to about bring my dog with me on vacation.

Is it very hard to bring a dog in and out of Bonaire?

Thanks for any help,
Louise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 7:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No problem. You must have a current health certificate and proof of rabies immunization for dogs over six months old. Check with the airline. I know Air ALM is used to handling pets. Also, check with the place you are staying if they allow dogs. I must warn you, dogs are not allowed on most public beaches. However, if it had a mask, fins and snorkel, it may just sneak through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Paugoulatos on Thursday, September 7, 2000 - 8:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There may be a problem bringing your dog back into your country coming back from Bonaire..Check that out also...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan at Bon Bini Divers on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 7:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My dog and I made a roundtrip visit to Miami (for medical reasons for him) last June. I had no problems entering the U.S. with him, or upon my return to Bonaire. As long as you have the proper health certificate and rabies vaccine, it should not be a problem.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration