BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New JFK-Bonaire service on Delta, begins 20/12/2009
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: New JFK-Bonaire service on Delta, begins 20/12/2009
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Bella Vista Estates) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #583) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

http://news.cheapflights.com/airlines/2008/07/delta-announces.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3244) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Kevin...there will be an official news release today also announcing added flights from Houston as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1581) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's EXCELLENT news!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't seem to find any new JFK-BON flights (starting 12/20) on either delta.com or kayak.com, but we should give it a few days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #219) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 12:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, I've reently posted a story about this on the Insider. It's at: http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index.php/bonaireinsider/delta_airlines_adds_new_non_stop_flight_from_new_yorks_jfk_to_bonaire_start/

More news regarding this flight will be out soon. Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #787) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I might even consider flying out of JFK to avoid the EWR red-eye. (finally a way to use my 400K+ delta miles)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #220) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And there's more good news. Delta is offering a super introductory fare. See http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index.php/bonaireinsider/delta_airlines_announces_special_introductory_fare_on_new_route_to_bonaire/ for more details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #788) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

it's on the Delta website...

New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) to Bonaire, Netherland Antilles (BON) on Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:35amJFK 4:25pm BON Nonstop 4 hr 50 min
Delta 553 Boeing 737-800

Bonaire, Netherland Antilles (BON) to New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) on Sat, 03 Jan 2009 5:15pmBON 9:05pmJFK Nonstop 4 hr 50 min Delta 554
Boeing 737-800

$587.80 (USD)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire ) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #687) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I recently booked on the Continental out of Newark. This will be a great option for many. Still not so great for us New Englanders. Just wish the return flight didn't get back so late. After clearing customs, It could be tough to get back to Boston the same night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #179) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 5:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Still waiting for Continental's news release!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7595) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gary, you know something we don't know? Is it good news or just wishful thinking? Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #127) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 5:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Delta now has their new Saturday nonstop from JFK in their system, $587 RT.

But I can't seem to make connections to it from Boston yet, so maybe tomorrow for that?
I don't see how it can be less than $700 RT from BOS, but we'll see...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire ) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #691) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 8:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The new flight will depart and return each week on Saturdays, using a Boeing 737-800 jet which holds 160 seats. The originating flight from JFK to Bonaire will depart New York at 10:30 AM, arriving in Bonaire at 4:25 PM. The return flight from Bonaire to New York’s JFK airport will depart Bonaire at 5:15 PM and arrive at JFK at 9:05 PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire ) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #692) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As we reported earlier today, Delta Airlines, the world’s second largest airline, is beginning new service from New York’s JFK to Bonaire and is offering a special introductory airfare of $239.00 each way. The new service begins December 20, 2008.

The new fare is based on a round-trip purchase, and is available for sale through August 6, 2008 for travel between January 10 and April 4, 2009. Additional taxes/fees/restrictions will apply. This special fare is available for purchase only on www.delta.com or from a travel professional. (Source: TCB New York)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7319) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 8:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I smell another trip coming my way :-) Thanks for sharing all the information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6875) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 1:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, ya'll! I just bought two tickets for 12-20 departure and return on 12-27-08! Can't beat the price for that week...even with a limo ride from Morristown, NJ to JFK and back we are still paying less for all airfare and limo rides for both of us than the coach fare on CON for the same dates! I love it!

We will still used CON on future trips as it is very convenient for us here in NJ but I could not pass up the intro airfare (comes out to $587.80 PP Round trip with all taxes, etc.). Can't beat that for Christmas week, let me tell you!

Yippee!! Something to look forward too, again.

I was hoping to use my Chase TRAVel Plus reward points to buy the seats but Delta does not accept their rewards/points. Oh well. Will save them for another trip...maybe CON to BON in the spring.

Hope to see some of you guys on the flights up and down! Ayo. Carole

Wow....I just noticed the dates of travel being January 10 thru April 4, 2009....yet they did process my tickets at the new rate on line and they also quoted me the new intro rate as the same price on the phone a moment ago. A glitch? Hmmmmm. Don't know but I do know that we only paid the new intro rate with the Dec 20-27, 2008 dates of travel. I don't think they can back out of the transaction now as it has already been purchased. It is the fare quoted on their website, as well. Hmmmm. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6876) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 1:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just want to clarify one thing...the total cost of our round trip airfare (for both of us) and the two limo trips to & from NJ/JFK ALL total less than ONE coach r/t ticket on CON for the same dates. You really can't beat the new Delta offer! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3249) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did Carole mention that she has hired Joe out as my resident chef for that week?? She may be on vacation but???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #221) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, folks, just some more news for anyone interested in booking the introductory special directly on www.delta.com. Although Delta has the new route and pricing in their computer, they are still dealing with one glitch.

When searching for the fare, you're given a choice of either "price" or "schedule." The default is "price", however, this may not show the special fare or route.

However, if you choose the "schedule" option, then it displays properly and you'll get the lowest fare.

I'm told Delta is scurrying to fix this, but for those trying to make plans and getting frustrated, this is the fix.

Happy booking! Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3239) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, the fares from BOS will be over 700.00 USD. I tried to get those intro rates today for some travel clients. The cheapest I could find was 781.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #128) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I kinda figgered that :-(

So it'll still be cheaper to fly to Aruba and then hop over to Bonaire. Now we just have to hope the small island hopper airlines will add a few more planes per day so that DAE isn't the main choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #789) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole - I don't live too far from you and we have found the cheapest alternative when we fly in/out of JFK is to stay in one of the airport hotels - several offer 7-10 days of parking if you spend one night. (in the past this included the Radisson & Sheraton)

Sue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3241) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, why go to Aruba? If you fiddle with that airport in the winter, well, you could strike out. Imagine if your flight from BOS is delayed and you miss your DAE connection? It might take DAYS to get to Bonaire if DAE is full each flight. Something to think about. I speak from client experience. I fly up to BOS often and recommend AA or CO. You can do AA to MIA and then CUR if you must avoid San Juan. IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Reza Gorji (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very exciting news.
I think for anyone not living near NYC, they would have to either drive to the airport or spent the night there on both ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #129) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're flying RT to Aruba from Nov 6th-18th on AA, planning probably 9 of the 12 days on Bonaire. (I've not bought the hop-flights yet.)

In addition to DAE, Insel and Tiara fly over to Curacao and Bonaire but their schedules aren't the best. I'm hoping that between them and the two BON-CUR lines (EZair and Divi) that one will step up and add a few non-stop AUA-BON flights, but so far that hasn't happened. Maybe after Labor Day when the cutbacks kick in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6877) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Sue,

We definitely do not want to do the driving from NJ to JFK on our own...too stressful, for me anyway. LOL. Let "them" do the driving and worry about the traffic, etc. This way we get picked up at our door at home and dropped off at the airport and visa versa. We're fine with that.

Can't wait!!

Michael, I let JOE know he's been contracted out for the week as your personal chef! LOL. He smiled. He's ready to whip up some outrageous cuisine delights just for you. Can't wait to see you again and Bonaire....something to look forward to again! Yippee! cb

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration