BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AA Fares
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: AA Fares
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3203) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I need to fly from Bonaire to Puerta Plata. I checked AA's website and saw the price rise daily. I finally locked in some dates as I needed to do so. I decided to check today the fare and it went down so I cancelled and rebooked. Later I was on www.kayak.com seeking cheap air for a client and checked my own and the price on Kayak was 100 USD cheaper, same airline, same flights. I cancelled and rebooked once again same DAY. Things are screwy today.. I have to say....Oh the ticket from BON to POP is well over 600 USD. I could save a bit going on Aeropostal to Santo Domingo and taking a 4 hour bus upt to Cabarete but naw..I will pass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6792) on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 1:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good decision, Ann!! Don't need that extra "challenge" of the four hour bus trip up the mountains/hills if that's what's involved. Where is this place?? cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3204) on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Heading to Cabarete for a big annual windsurf event. One gripe is that since 9/11 SJU does not have a way that transit passengers heading to another Caribbean island can avoid going thru US customs and immigration. So, when we travel (often) to Antigua and now for this trip, I have to go thru the whole shebang just to go to another gate. Phooey..awell..Never been to the DR so am excited.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #286) on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just FYI Antigua has its own customs problems. We have to change planes in Antigua to get to Montserrat. But instead of an "In transit" lounge, we have to clear customs and immigration, go outside, check in at (now) LIAT and clear immigration for departure. If the process takes longer than 24 hours, it costs you an exit tax. Going home it's the same process.
I choose to look on the bright side: more stamps in the passport, though I'm running our of room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3205) on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love Montserrat Holly..so cool LIAT now services the island. Send me a PM about your trip. I used to go there on weekends..have not gone back since 95 when Soufriere blew..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #287) on Tuesday, July 1, 2008 - 8:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, I wrote you a PM but my computer ate it. I'll try again, but not today.
H

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration