BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AA Canceling flights... How is DEA?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: AA Canceling flights... How is DEA?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis funinbonaire (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We got back in May, just booked for November, and now AA is canceling the Bonaire to San Juan flights, (so our travel agent tells us). She rebooked us to fly Bonaire to Curacao via Dutch Antilles Express, and from there to Miami on AA. Any comments on those flights? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE ON DEA. Will we be OK with what AA allows. I looked online but DEA website says info upon request, so I decided to go to where I KNOW I will get an accurate answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. yeah it's summer!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2573) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AA is not cancelling all flights, check the previous threads regarding this, there is a lot of valuable info to be found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #280) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 7:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm currently reading Dear American Airlines, by Jonathan Miles (Houghton Mifflin 2008). The protagonist, stranded at O'Hare by AA, watches his life flash before him.
Catch this in paperback in 9 months, or on the remainder shelf thereafter.
Adult language.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #420) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 9:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your TA is incorrect. The BON to SJU is going from 7 days a week to three or four (I forget off hand). It did not go away.

The CUR to MIA route is dropping to one a day -- and that creates some issues. Inbound from MIA to CUR, you can then do DAE or overnight in CUR and take Divi the next day. On the way back, you may be forced into an overnight in CUR.

If it were me, I would shift your trip a day or two either way and still fly via SJU or take CO via EWR or Delta via ATL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By patricia neubauer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all!

Because of the cancellation and rebooking of flights via AA, we've had to cancel our trip to Bonaire next February. We were so looking forward to our trip! We love the fantastic dive/snorkle sights, we love the people we've met and we love the restaurants where we've eaten! Unfortunately, we have only 10 days to spend on Bonaire and when 4 of them are used up in travel, we have little left. We so wish/hope that AA, or someone, will re-establish timely ways for people here in the northeast to get to Bonaire...a little piece of Heaven. (sniff!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Glass (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Continental flights only take about 4 hours straight into Bonaire from Newark or Houston Patricia. I have never flown AA into Bonaire from the northeast(I live in Pittsburgh and fly in and out every 3 months for school) and only have a day in travel time here and one going back. Worth a look. We have done the direct to Bonaire flights and once Newark to Aruba, then just a hop over to Bonaire on DAE. DAE allowed all the baggage I flew in with on CO since it was a connecting flight. Flew in and out in January and April respectively and had no problems with taking out 2 bags (50 lbs each) per person. Know CO has changed their baggage policy now but I would imagine DAE would still have the same transfer policy in place when you are connecting through them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1026) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 12:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patricia, Your profile does not say where in the northeast you are located but the Continental flight from Newark would probably work for you. I know it is only 7 days but that is better than not going at all. The flight leaves late on Sat night and arrives early Sun morn (5:30am) from Newark. Leave the next Sunday at 7:30am. You might look into that flight or the one on Delta from Atlanta.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Traci (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 9:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AA might have cancelled your flight to Bonaire because of the days of travel. You would need to travel to Bonaire on a Sat, Tues or Thur and depart Bonaire on a Sun, Wed, Friday. I would think about changing my travel to one of those days before involving flying on DAE. And I would think that your travel agent should have given you that option.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration