BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: JetBlue to add flights to San Juan
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: JetBlue to add flights to San Juan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rog & Karen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #514) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

June 09, 2008 - Travel Weekly

JetBlue will add flights to San Juan from New York, Orlando and Boston in the wake of American and American Eagle announcing cuts to their Puerto Rico schedule.

Beginning in September, JetBlue will add a departure from New York Kennedy to San Juan, for a total of four daily roundtrips. A fifth daily flight begins in November, while sixth and seventh daily flights begin in December.

The airline will add two daily San Juan-Orlando flights to its schedule this fall, providing a total of four daily services on the route. JetBlue will add a fifth daily roundtrip during the December holiday travel season.

Seasonal service on the San Juan-Boston route will begin two months early this year. Nonstop flights will operate twice-weekly in September and thrice-weekly in October before transitioning to daily service on Nov. 2. JetBlue will add a second daily nonstop during December and January.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3178) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 1:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I priced tickets for a client San Juan Bonaire San Juan in Sept./Oct. Over 500 USD plus 288.00 for Jet Blue. Bad connections and a high price. Stick with AA, DL or CO IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #119) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 2:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What we need is a viable, dependable Aruba-Bonaire airline. There seem to be many daily flights to Aruba remaining after these cutbacks.

So somebody please get cracking and start this airline.

Option two would be for Divi Divi airline to sell stock and buy about two or three more aircraft to allow them to fly AUA-BON back & forth on scheduled basis all day. How hard can this be, really?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3179) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 7:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tiara flies AUA BON. I have no experience with this airline personally or professionally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By AaronG (BonaireTalker - Post #80) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Curious, how long would a flight on Divi be from Aruba to Bonaire?

(Message edited by fezzman on June 11, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3180) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

70 miles/non stop on DAE used to take 40 min. on the larger planes. With the little Divi I would suspect 70 min. to make a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #120) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think the Divi planes would be just a tad longer than the DAE ones, but the issue is, their website doesn't show scheduled service from Aruba, just charter flights.

And Tiara Air just seems to fly twice a day between AUA & BON...not enough.

With the demise of Curacao as a single-day transfer point to Bonaire, these puddle-jumpers need to wake up and smell the money from Aruba...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #323) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

someone needs to add another dailey flight to Curacao---sure would make it easier flying from the left coast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3378) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Aaron, a half hour to forty minutes.

Divi quoted me- I think- about $2200 US for a charter from AUA to BON.

Filling the plane is the problem with service between AUA and BON, and if the plane is full, you might pay through the nose for your excess luggage. If the plane is consistently not full, it wouldn't pay to keep flying the route.

I remember the Tiara official luggage weight limit as 17 Kilos, but I might be wrong.

Tom, I think you mean twice a week, not twice a day. Twice a day would be awesome, but doubtless unprofitable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #122) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not an airline marketing exec; perhaps I should be.
The problem is: Curacao is no longer a viable connecting point for getting to Bonaire the same day.
Do a kayak.com search for flights from Boston to CUR midweek and you come up with THE ONE SINGLE FLIGHT on AA, arriving 8:10 PM.

Do a kayak.com search for flights from Boston to Aruba midweek and you come up with TEN arriving flights on an assortment of airlines: AA(3), CO(1), DL(1), JetBlue(2), UN(1), US(2).

Now if I were operating a puddle-hopper, to which nearby island would I want to fly to get Bonaire-lovers to/from the US?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #324) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom
I was doing the same search a few days ago and came up with the same results.
The only thing we can hope [and it's a reach] is for D A E to start running the late evening flight to Bonaire in a responsible way--that will be the day!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration