BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: What to do in Bonaire after a early morning arrival??
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: What to do in Bonaire after a early morning arrival??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (and Steven) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #136) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 8:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all. We are taking the direct flight from Newark this Sat night, and are arriving early early Sun morning. We stay at the Divi. Does anyone know if there will be someone at the front desk? What is opened in Bonaire so early in the morning? We will be dying for coffee!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karen gaffner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #202) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

desk is open.instant coffee is usually out.city cafe is open early but not at dawn.see you in newark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1501) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonnie/..My advice, check in at Divi & hopefully you can leave your bags in your room or they will accommodate them for you.

If you have a meal plan with Divi, I believe their restaurant opens at 8:00. If not, head over to The City Cafe in town (10-15 min walk from Divi if you don't have a car). I believe they open at 7:00 am. Relax, have some coffee, watch the Venezuelans open up the fruit stand right outside and contemplate how lucky you are to be on Bonaire & what an enjoyable time you're sure to have!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (and Steven) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #138) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen, where are you staying?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karen gaffner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #203) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

at the Divi! u got mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (and Steven) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen- this is our 4th time to Divi and we love it. we usually go first week of August but decided to start our summer off by going away early. I'm excited for a direct flight. I always hated the deal in Aruba. The only inconvenience is you have to go for one week or two. We usually did 10-11 days. So this will be the briefest trip yet. Maybe next year we'll do 2.

See you in Newark. Lucky us, though. We used our miles and upgraded to first class. Look out for us in the first row.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie (and Steven) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince, I think we'll have to rough it until 7, at which time we will crawl to the City Cafe for a morning capuccino. I love the visual and I will definitely remember to remind myself how lucky I am!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3177) on Monday, June 9, 2008 - 6:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Most if not all of my clients opt for early check in and go to bed for a few hours...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #163) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 2:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i believe divi breakfast is open at 7:00am unless it has changed. either call and ask or e-mail them.
es

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1621) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Divi Breakfast opens at 7, the first boat leaves at 8:30.

(Message edited by ronindiana on June 11, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MadMan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #171) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 5:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Divi front desk is manned 24/7 and in the early-morning it will be either Clay or Frans at the front desk. If you check in and your room is not ready yet you can leave your luggage in the luggage room at the front desk and go to breakfast which opens at 7:00 and after that do your dive orientation at 9:30 and checkout dive if you like. Most people book an extra night so their room will be available to them upon arrival. Hope this helps

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration