BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Puerto Rico layover
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Puerto Rico layover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Botsford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #422) on Sunday, June 8, 2008 - 10:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I found a wonderful archieved thread http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/29/255870.html?1147724205 from 2006.

The last post to it was February of 2006. I was wondering if any of the details had changed or if anyone had additions to the info already posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #248) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dean-
I too looked up that old archived thread after I got my bad news (AA rescheduled me and I now have a 8.5 hour layover in San Juan)! Looks like I'll just go to a nice hotel beach in Isla Verde.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3182) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have tried many options and find the best dining at Metropole for Cuban/PR food, Waterclub for drinks with a view on the roof (food mediocre at best), fabulous lunch at Pamela's at Numero Uno Guest House or Pikayo and then a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts. 4+ hours warrants a visit to Old San Juan. Email me if you need tips.

You may pay 50 USD or 400 a year to join the First Class lounge. I am an annual member and they always let Maggie and Mom in free and a friend if one joins me. Clean, neat, snacks and quiet upstairs in the office area.

I have been to 3 beauty salons and 2 spas NONE I could or would recommend again (all in the Isla Verde area). Would love a new tip on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #201) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 7:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And AA's Admiral Club is open at no additional charge to those holding Platinum American Express Cards. Show your AX card and boarding pass, and it's a quiet (sane) place to spend some time if you must.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration