BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: EWR layovers
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: EWR layovers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3154) on Monday, June 2, 2008 - 8:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am re thinking the use of AA for my own flights back to the US. What can one do for the 6+ hour layovers EWR/BON? Any good eats in EWR? Anything to do in the area? Is the CO Club any good and price? Tips please? I am ready to bale on AA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #884) on Monday, June 2, 2008 - 8:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, we had a 5 hour layover in Newark last summer on the way to Bonaire from Manchester, NH. Had a leisurely dinner at the one restaurant we found with table service and then walked, read, etc. On the way home we had a very short connection so time in the Newark airport was not an issue. We did check out the CO Club and I think the one time use was 50 dollars per person. We passed on that so can't speak to the inside at all. This summer we are avoiding the long layover in EWR by flying MHT -- EWR --Houston -- BON. More travel legs but less airport time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Monday, June 2, 2008 - 11:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gallaghers......... a classic NY steakhouse. The best food I have EVER had in ANY airport!!!!!

It is worth getting there early for the meal!

fwiw the dufrees are much better value in sju than ewr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #775) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A strong 2nd for Gallaghers. I live 15 minutes from EWR and travel alot for work - great place to grab a meal before a flight.

Big thumbs down on EWR Continental Presidents Clubs - overcrowded and sparse selection of snacks (wrapped cheese, crackers, apples & bags of Fritos...)

If you are adventurous and want to leave the airport, I highly recommend a trip to the Jersey Gardens Outlet mall. It's only 10 minutes away and is an amazing outlet - high end stuff at Saks Off Fifth and Neiman Marcus Last Call to more moderate places like Ann Taylor & Nautica. They run a shuttle to/from the airport.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration