BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: DAE or Divi
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: DAE or Divi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #564) on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 2:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

With my family of six people we’ll be flying from Bonaire to Curacao in august.
Would you recommend DAE or Divi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #723) on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 6:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi !!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #565) on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 7:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

that's loud and clear :-)

DO you have specific reasons?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #724) on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 7:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The delays with DAE are so numerous that you could without a problem been sitting in Curacao for several hours.
Its a pitty that Divi only has flights during day light.
Do a key word search (on the bottom of the page) for Divi and you will find that I am not alone with that opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TommyK (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What does DAE stand for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #569) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dutch Antilles express

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6251) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 8:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The last word is open for debate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gord Alder (BonaireTalker - Post #84) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 1:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would concur, Divi.

However, last trip in March, Divi's flight left without 5 passengers, even though they were informed our flight was arriving only 15 minutes before Divi departure time. DAE then saved us by getting us to Bonaire.

Other thing to consider is if you fly Divi, bring ear plugs; its a small noisy plane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

DAE ended up costing us over $2000 and didn’t care one bit. I will post the full details today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DIVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #559) on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 3:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gord
I read your post a few days ago and was quite surprised. Then I thought that maybe waiting for you might have stranded them in Bonaire, since they don't fly at night. Which Divi flight would you have been on?
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gord Alder (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We landed at 3:15pm and saw the 3:30pm flight still at the airport. So they left at 3:30pm even through we were likely able to make the plane within 30 minutes if they had waiting. This will be the last time we don't fly direct to Bonaire on a single airline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pritchard (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am leaving for Bonaire from ATL June 28. Air Jamaica ATL-CUR. DAE CUR-BON. Has anything improved, or am I doomed? I can't change because this is a package with my LDS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #399) on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Provided that you can fly during daylight hours -- Divi. As a family of six, you may also be able to get them to charter a plane for you.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration