BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Royal Aruban/American Airlines
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Royal Aruban/American Airlines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Daniels on Saturday, February 9, 2002 - 10:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been to the Royal Aruban website. It is not really complete yet, but they are claiming 3 daily flights to Bonaire from Aruba. Does anyone know anymore information about that? Also, I remember that someone a while ago said that American may start using the F-100 to Bonaire instead of the ATR-72, and is this true?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The American Eagle has ceased all flights to Bonaire. Who knows what the future will bring! Avia makes one Daily (evening flight) trip to Bonaire/Aruba

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry L. Miller on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have tickets on AE from San Juan to Bonaire and back for 2/28/02 and 03/09/02, so I hope that they are still making some flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Daniels on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How do you know that AE is cancelling service? When I go to the AA website and type in the dates I plan to go to Bonaire (7/20-8/3) it says that AE is still servicing Bonaire. Also, www.caribbeanaviation.com has not made any notice of this cancellation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Michael meant service to Aruba, NOT San Juan. AE cannot cancel service to BON. Not to worry (I hope). Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 12:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael did mean Aruba Bonaire on AE, not all AE flights. (Gave me a small anxiety attack just now before I read his message in context.)

AE just started daily service from San Juan to Bonaire last week by adding a Monday flight (was 6 flights weekly before that).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,

Thanks for clearing that up for me as I am holding three tickets for March 5th. When I read the post I immediately went to AE and Travelocity's websites, both still showed my flights with no changes indicated. Whew!!!

Funny thing is I remember earlier post which said pretty much the same as your post, so I do not know why I got excited. Guess I am just a little sensitive about anything messing with my much needed Bonaire Time.

The good thing is that after the little cardio-vascular workout caused by Michael's post, I can take it easy for the rest of the day. :>{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did not mean to cause any anxiety attacks. I should have been more explicit re AE and the Aruba/Bonaire flights. From all reports, the Eagle is quite happy with their flights and also would not be surprised if they added one or two more Jake, you needed a jump start after all that duck you ate last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael,

No harm was done, besides sometimes us old boys need our blood pressure stirred a little. Lets us know we are alive on slow days.

As I said, I did remember earlier post (plural)in which Bonaire Talkers were told about the Aruba-Bonaire flights being cut as well as AE proposing to add flights. Just had to go check for myself, which I should had stated, is something I have been doing every few days anyway.

8:45pm March 5 (or thereabouts) I will be on island. But who is counting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Monday, February 11, 2002 - 1:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was rooting around the AA reservations site today, planning a 'dream trip', and found 2 flights on the same day SJU-BON. Wonder of wonders.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration