BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New Continental Flights?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: New Continental Flights?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #212) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looking at the Continental web site, I found that they have flights from Houston arriving on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. They also show departures from Bonaire to Houston on Saturday & Sunday mornings.

This is all in addition to the Newark flights arriving and departing Bonaire on Sunday mornings.

This leads me to believe that CO has two flights arriving/departing Bonaire on Sundays - one Houston flight and one Newark flight.

Maybe I'm behind the times here, but when did they add the additional Houston flight, the one arriving/departing Bonaire on Sunday mornings?

Obviously I missed something. Just not sure when or what......

Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - www.bsdme.info (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #582) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, there is one flight(Houston)on Saturday and on Sunday from both Houston and Newark. I think this started in December but don't hold me to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #114) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well oddly enough, it appears that CO has (quietly?) added a second weekly flight from IAH to BON.
So you can leave on either Friday night or Saturday night now.
This is good :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #213) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 11:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom,

Thats what I was thinking. If I plug in dates for this weekend, there is only one flight on Sunday, the one from Newark. So it appears that sometime this summer, a new flight is added to/from Houston.

Again, I don't see any info or announcement regarding this.

Susan: CO did add a flight during the holidays, but that flight ended in January, 2008. This is something new.....

Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton Spitz (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We've a flight out of Houston on Friday, June 13th, returning through Houston on Sunday the 20th, giving us eight days in Bonaire rather than the usual one week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Lawson (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I recall when booking tickets for Christmas 2007/New Year's 2008 that Continental had added a second saturday night houston flight starting in mid december because of the demand. At the time, it was announced that it would only be temporary. Sounds like they are going to start it back up again ...

and it's nice to get that extra day ... for one week trips in the past, i've flown down through Houston and back through Newark for that very reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1520) on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 8:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

we were seeing two continental planes at the airport on sunday mornings on our trip this past winter. we were told at that time that it was a seasonal addition....looks like they've extended it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #395) on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Carib Inn website has a collection of what looks like the text from airline press releases regarding service expansions to Bonaire.

http://www.caribinn.com/Airline%20news.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #221) on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 11:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

David,

That is a good link for airline information. However, it doesn't make any mention of Continental expanding its service during the summer. It only refers to the expanded service during the winter holiday season.

Obviously, CO added an extra houston-Bonaire flight sometime this spring/summer.

I just find it interesting that there wasn't any mention of it. I even checked the BonaireInsider and didn't find a word about it.

I just thought it would be news worthy.....its like Kathy said - it gives you an wonderful opportunity to expand your trip by an extra day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #195) on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Dave,

We haven't run with this yet, as we've been unable to ascertain if this is for the long-haul or not. As soon as we hear definitively, we'll be running it on Insider!

Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Bella Vista Estates) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #539) on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 10:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I flew the "extra" flight last December. I think that it is purely demand based.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rhino Paw (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From what I can tell, the additional IAH-BON flight isn't a regular thing. We just booked tickets for next November, and the only flight from Houston was the once weekly Friday red-eye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1017) on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 5:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

checked the Continental Airline webpage last night for Aug, thru the end of Aug there is a Sat night flight from IAH to BON and a Sun morn flight from BON to IAH. don't know how long this will last. But it will be nice while it does.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration