BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: From Caracas to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: From Caracas to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leonardo Mascarenhas Leite (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Folks,

I'm planning to stay for a week in Bonaire, on August. I'm leaving from Brasil to Caracas and then Bonaire. There is no problem in the first stage of trip, but as a lot of people is having some bad experiences with DAE I would like to ask if there is another option to fly from Caracas to Bonaire or just to Aruba, where i can take another flight with Divi or also a ferry.

Regards,
Leo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leonardo Mascarenhas Leite (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I said Aruba but I mean to be Curacao!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #594) on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Leonardo
Aeropostal has been around for some time but the website is down right now. Over the years several airlines have flown that route but it seems like they don't last.
On this site you can check the flights that actually arrive in Curacao, from that you may be able to figure out who to contact.
http://www.curacao-airport.com/index.php
Good luck
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #385) on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 2:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Also, there is no longer a ferry from CUR to BON. As you note, Divi is a great option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Pink Beach Properties (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #528) on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Transaven (www.transaven.com) flies from Caracas to Bonaire. It's an infrequent service, so call and check with them.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration