BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Immunization Question - Coming to Bonaire Soon!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Immunization Question - Coming to Bonaire Soon!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad jenkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 5:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am coming down for the first time in August 2008 and have gotten conflicting information about what immunizations if any are needed. We are from the U.S. and have heard everything from needing no immunizations to needing Hep A and B, Typhoid, Yellow Fever.
Does anyone know what is required to travel to Bonaire? Any information you could pass on would be great.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3055) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are no immunizations required for entry to Bonaire..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10574) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to BT Brad.

Just pack your bags, no shorts needed.
Sun block, bug spray, sun glasses, hat, bathing suit.

Enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10139) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

what they said Brad.. enjoy..
LOL shorts are optional at Soboron lol
shots are not needed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #279) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ha! Like minds ...
You won't need shots, but shorts might come in handy.

(Message edited by hap on April 29, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10140) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

gmta Holly.. lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad jenkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, thanks for the quick responses everyone. You all have made my day (I hate doctors).

After reading through the forums here August cannot come soon enough, I cannot wait! We have been planning this trip for almost 2 years and we are finally in the home stretch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A rose by any other name..aka RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2300) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 9:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brad, when in August will you be going? We are also going to be there for 10 glorious days! I have been a "regular" since 1986 (I started going when I was VERY young haahaa). If you have any other questions please ask!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad jenkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be there from the 18th to the 27th. I cannot wait, i have read so much about it there and hope that it lives up to what i have in my mind. Myself and my neighbor will be going, the wives are staying home since they do not even swim.
I think we are getting down to the nuts and bolts of things. We have our airfare, a place to stay and i think we are going to use YellowSubmarine for air,etc. Now its just waiting for the time to come!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #586) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 10:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brad
While no shots are required or needed there is something you should be aware of. Dengue Fever is present in Bonaire as it is in most of South America. It is not a good idea to ignore being bitten by mosquitoes. Use an insect repellant with DEET.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Botsford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #420) on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 4:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Be aware that you may contract MBA while on island. Symptoms do not usually appear until after departure.

MBA = Missing Bonaire Already

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gnann (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As noted above, there are no special immunization requirements for Bonaire and no "tropical infections" of any concern except dengue. However, a hepatitis A vaccine is an excellent idea for all international travelers. Also make sure that your tetanus immunization is up-to-date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A rose by any other name..aka RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2301) on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 12:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Brad, we will be there from the 19th-28th, but I will have my two children in tow. Maybe we can say a hello! You will not be disappointed in Bonaire but listen to Mickey's advice about the mosquito's!

p.s. Mickey, I have in the past been against using DEET on the kids but after your previous posts I will use it this time on all of us. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad jenkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the great information. Hopefully we will be able to say at least a quick hello to some of the people on here when we are down, I always love meeting new people on our dive trips.

Shots - None
DEET - In for 2 Gallons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Ingram (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Thursday, May 1, 2008 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Reread John Gnann's post its spot on and absolutely correct!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration