BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ALM Direct From Miami
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: ALM Direct From Miami
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric anthony on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and i are considering booking a direct flight from miami in late april. somewhat worried because of the negative information about ALM. has anyone flown direct lately and whay was your experience. any other feedback would be appreciated. happy diving to all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas brossard on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 8:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd be worried too, if I were you.

I would be interested to hear the current status from those in the know, though. Anybody???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I heard that the planned finalized merger/conversion/renaming of ALM with/into/into DCE/DCA has been postponed until the beginning of March (from the beginning of February) because of a number of legal and financial reasons.

Other than that, no real news...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 12:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have taken Air Jamaica on our last few trips...If you do go Alm...make sure(depending on your day of departure) if it is direct..sometime it says it is but we have been routed to Haiti than to Curacao, than to Bonaire..I think it depends on the day of the week....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric anthony on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 12:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks meryl, we are leaving on a saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I received an e-mail about this thread, and think it merits a public answer since maybe someone else can contribute:

"you replied about the merger of ALM will this help the airline and will tickets purchased earlier be honored?"

As I understand it, the merger is necessary to consolidate all the routes being flown by DCE & ALM under one company so that there are less problems with ticketing, carrier changes, etc. Also necessary for the airlines to survive in the long term. However a merger doesn't mean things will all of a sudden be rosy - DCE is a spinoff of ALM and inherits lots of ALM's problems (and staff and management).

Will earlier tickets be honored? No idea. When DCE first spun off they said they would honor all ALM tickets, but then sporadically stopped honoring them.

Anyone else have any recent ALM/DCE stories? Good or bad?

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the past, ALM has changed the stops on a given route to accommodate passenger load and/or aircraft-out-of-service problems as they occur. Every day different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary ellen connolly on Sunday, February 3, 2002 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From what I have been reading, we may be in
trouble. We have tickets for Bonaire on ALM/
DCA on a Saturday/end of April. It leaves Miami
non-stop to Bonaire in the afternoon. I told
the travel agent what I had been hearing and
was "assured" all is ok and they spoke to ALM.
I wonder if we will really get to Bonaire and
what recourse we have now that tickets have been
purchased. Any thoughts? mary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 8:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary,

I think you will have a safe bet with the direct flight on ALM to Bonaire. There is no place to lose luggage unless they forget to take it off the plane. It is the flights that have connections in Curacao that give me heartburn.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration