BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Alternate Way from Curacao to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Alternate Way from Curacao to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Banker (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What are our options for getting from Curacao to Bonaire on Thursday May 8th? We have purchased Air Jamaica tickets to Curacao on that date and would like to get to Bonaire. Divi emailed and said that their flights were full that afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6263) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

www.flydae.com, I am not responsible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Banker (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 10:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Cecil.

It was late when I emailed DAE, they may not answer until tomorrow or Monday.

Is there a third way? (Not swimming!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #979) on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 2:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

TRy Tiara Airlines, Not sure if they fly only from Aruba or also fly from Curacao. Go to the bottom of the page and do a Keyword search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Banker (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 8:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I couldn't get any flights from CUR to BON. We would probably have to fly to Aurba then to Bonaire, and with only two airplanes, I suspect we would have to spend the night in Curacao or Aruba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 10:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

DAE has several flights a day but they are probably the worst airline that I have ever been on. They WILL be late and most likely be very late. They will cancel or combine you flight with a later flight if your flight isn’t full enough. If you miss a connecting flight because they are 4,5 or 6 hours late they will do absolutely nothing to help you. They wouldn’t even help us find a hotel room that we had conceded to pay for our selves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Banker (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Al. I read the other post concerning your horror story.

As it turns out, DAE doesn't have any available flights on May 8th either; and Tiara doesn't fly to Bonaire from Curacao, only from Aruba and then not on Thursdays.

I guess we'll miss a day or more of diving. I hope we can get there on May 9th, but I'm not confident. It will be the shortest trip ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Banker (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

At BuddyDive's suggestion, I am trying www.fly-inselair.com; but their website isn't responding to reservation requests. Inselair only flys Fridays and Sundays from Curacao to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john strand (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why hasnt anyone mentioned Divi? I have CUR-BON reservations in June with them. And please dont tell me that they've gone under!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Pink Beach Properties (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #499) on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 10:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep. www.flydivi.com. They only fly daytime, but they are the most reliable way to get back and forth. If you have a group of 6 or more, they will even set up a custom flight for your group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Ingram (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

THe OP stated that DIVI was booked that day.

Its in the first post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom orrow (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 6:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yesterday while going to the airport to get a diving crew out of Atlanta I saw the new EZAir aircraft parked on the tarmac at the airport I have spoken to someone in the airport bar and they have told me that this airline has started flying from Curacao- Bonaire 4 x a day the aircraft looks very attracting was also told that they will give discount to PADI divers apparently owner also has a diving loge in Curacao on the westside, all west I belive was the name. I could read on the aircraft www.flyezair.com and their side is up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That website does not seem to exist.
But hey, when dealing with Bonaire puddle-jumpers, that sort of thing is normal...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #574) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
There are lots of picture of their airplane, a Britten Norman Islander on line. My totally unsupported guess is that they are waiting for permits etc. Their website which is "under construction" is here.
http://www.fly-ezair.com/
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Banker (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Monday, May 5, 2008 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the ideas. It is too much of a hassle to stay overnight anywhere but BuddyDive, so we decided to grab a Delta $578 trip later in May and deal with the Air Jamaica vouchers later. I'm not sure we can ever use them before they expire since they don't seem to fly to any interesting dive locations from Atlanta.
Bob

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration