BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Question for the Experienced about Divi Divi Air.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Question for the Experienced about Divi Divi Air.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Ingram (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you in advance for your answer.

I recently called Divi to make reservations between Curacao and Bonaire.

The lady I spoke with took my information and gave me a flight time.

She did not give me a reservation number and would not take a credit card deposit.

Question #1 Is this normal procedure?

Question #2. Can I pay for the flight by credit card once at the Curacao airport or do I need cash?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #856) on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 1:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

David, welcome to BT. Yes, this is standard procedure for Divi. When you get to their desk in Curacao they will have your name on their list. You can then pay with a credit card and will be given your hand-written boarding pass. When it is time to go your name will be called. They will tell you when to be at the gate as they often leave early is all passengers are there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vann Evans (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 8:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi divi is a very small and informal airline. . It is quite refreshing at times-but can be unnerving to those used to high efficiency major airlines(HA HA). We have flown with them many times and they are always on time, no luggage lost and very helpful. Once when our american flight was late arriving in curacao, they held the plane and physically helped us walk through immigration and customs. Several times my wife has been able to sit in the co-pilot's seat and take pictures-the pilot said "don't touch anything!!"
Enjoy divi divi-they are one of the thrills of a Bonaire trip.
Vann Evans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan angier (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #485) on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 5:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I too have had good experiences with Divi. Yes, they are informal but also efficient. I usually email them with my CUR arrival and departure flight info, and they put me on the best connections. They just take my name, and put me on the list. I pay by credit card when I get to CUR. When we arrive at the destination, the pilot and a ground crew guy unload the bags and hand you the luggage on the tarmac. No waiting for the conveyor.

Returning last year, they had a malfunction with an engine starter. They sent another plane from CUR, so we were late departing BON. They had called ahead, alerted AA of our arrival time. The pilot grabbed our luggage, wisked us through customs and right up to the desk at AA to make sure we made our flight. All with a smile, and refusal of a tip.'
I would fly them again, and will next time I connect through CUR. (Plus it's a great view of the ocean coming in low over Klein on approach.)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration