BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Houston Airport - Enough time?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Houston Airport - Enough time?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward & Nydia Thielman (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be so very appreciative of any info fellow BTers can give me.
We're planning our annual trip to Toronto, and have come across an amazing fare flying through Houston. However, it's only a two hour stop-over, so my concern is that we won't have enough time OR I'll be running like a maniac with my five year old (not something I'd like to experience) through the airport.
Is this two hours enough time to get me through relatively sanely?
Looking to buy the tickets asap before the price goes up!
Thanks again in advance to those who respond...
Nydia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Boyd (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 5:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I go thru Houston to Bonaire. Do you have to change airlines in Houston?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That depends.
It you're flying to Bonaire on the Continental red-eye and you fly into Houston on CO, then you're all set.
If you fly into Houston on some other airline, then you'll have to transfer to CO. Bit slower for baggage handling, but the red-eye flight is on the late side, so you probably have hours in betweeen...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Haskell (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #141) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did the continental trip and connected with air canada , two hours was enough , would of been more than enough if i had a clue on what terminal i needed . Do your research as the airport staff had no idea what Aircanada was , they sent me to Air france terminal . I had two hours , toured the entire houston airport , and still had time for a cup of coffee before my flight . Mind you...I literally sweat bullets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #953) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The two hour lay-over should be long enough to get to any of the departure gates. There is a subway/tram that connects all of the terminals and there is also a skyway that connects some of the terminals. Have used the subway/tram and it stops at each each terminal about every 15 min.
Check this website and see if it won't give you more information. www.fly2houston.com
Hope this helps.

Andy and Dave (live just north of Houston)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward & Nydia Thielman (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 8:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond. Looks like the two hours will be sufficient time, and especially since the connecting flight to Toronto is with Continental. Coming back is through Newark, so the stopover coming back to Bonaire is long enough to read an entire novel.
Hope to get our tickets soon and be back in the land of Tim Hortons, Swiss Chalet and Yorkdale..
Nydia

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration