BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: American airlines
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: American airlines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KJ (BonaireTalker - Post #44) on Sunday, January 6, 2008 - 12:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know why AA has only 1 flight to Bonaire every night? why not 2?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1290) on Sunday, January 6, 2008 - 12:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i guess that's a question better asked of american airlines than BT'ers. we've been going to bonaire since 1995 and used to fly AA to curacao and ALM cur-bon and get in about 430PM. we fly AE sju-bon on weekdays in february and even at high season the flights were rarely 100% full. it seemed there were always at least one or two empty seats. and keep in mind that part of the year AE doesn't even fly into bonaire seven days a week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron DeMink (BonaireTalker - Post #44) on Monday, January 7, 2008 - 4:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have always flown AE and I can tell you if there are empty seats it is because of weight.
We have flown with empty seats that have had luggage put on the floor in them and PEOPLE left behind ! They only can take so much weight and then they cut things off partially full or not .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Armour (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AA needs to get out of the dark ages and fly a larger plane from SJU to BON. It is very common to arrive in Bonaire and not get your baggage until 9:30 pm the next evening.
I have written letters and sent e-mails and keep getting the same ol' run a round. It goes like this" we like to sell you tickets and once we have your money, were not going to guarantee anything".
I fly this airline often to Bonaire and cross my fingers each time.
Make sure you have a well packed carry-on!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3295) on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, there are many other options to reach the island now, some more adventurous than others.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration