BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: FIRST TIMER FLYING AA FROM PHILLY TO SAN JUAN
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: FIRST TIMER FLYING AA FROM PHILLY TO SAN JUAN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis funinbonaire (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 12:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I discovered BonaireTalk about a month ago and have been on everyday since. I have already had many questions answered just from reading other posts, but seeing as we will soon be in Bonaire for the first time (we leave in 48 days) I couldn't resist getting in on the action myself to seek answers to our questions and get advice from the very knowledgeable BonaireTalkers. First, we are flying AA from Philly with a 6 hour layover in San Juan, and I have seen much discussion on that here, ANY HELPFUL COMMENTS? Second, can we leave the airport in San JUan, and if so is there anything worth seeing in the time we have? THANKS & LOOKING FORWARD TO ASKING MORE QUESTIONS ON OTHER SUBJECTS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I shoulda been a fish! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #211) on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 12:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Curtis,

We did this in October--checked our carryons (a couple bucks for each bag), took a cab to Old San Juan and ate at a local diner. We had a blast!

Cyn posted this a while back--we found it extremely helpful.

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/29/255870.html#POST306720

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I shoulda been a fish! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #212) on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 12:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here are a couple pics from that trip from San Juan...the old gentleman came in the diner just talking away...he must have been 100 years old and was a hoot!

old man.jpg
birds.jpg
pier.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4510) on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 11:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I shoulda been a fish, great pic!

I need to make and addendum to the San Juan Airport tips, I received a wonderfully kind email from a BTer who found it helpful, but I guess the Cinnabon is gone (the HORROR) so finding the carry-on day baggage room was a little more difficult. I'll make the addendum today.

Curtis, have a great trip, and SJ is a fun place to do things on your lay over:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis funinbonaire (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 5:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Fish & Chick, very helpful information. The archived post was awesome. Very cool pics, I hope we can get some as nice if we dare to venture from the airport. 47 days and counting :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I shoulda been a fish! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #216) on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 1:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It was a little difficult finding the place to check the bags...but I think there was construction going on at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By AaronG (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The El Morro fort is a fun place to walk around and burn some time and soak up some history. If I remember correctly, it is a short walk from downtown San Juan.

Grab a few Medallas while you're out and about. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis funinbonaire (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

El Morro fort. Got it. Thanks. Until I find out for sure I will assume Medallas to either be some yummy food, or some form of ammunition from the fort :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By AaronG (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Medalla is the local beer, brewed on the island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis funinbonaire (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, March 4, 2008 - 11:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhhh, the local beer. Thanks :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration