BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: EWR to Aruba/Cur
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: EWR to Aruba/Cur
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #331) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 4:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all

Before I do a search, do any of you go from Newark to Aruba/Curacao and on to Bonaire on the same day? I'd like to try a different route this time.

Thanks

C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6095) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 4:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have done that from Boston a few times. My recommendation is to shoot for Curacao and not Aruba. From Curacao you can fly Divi Divi to Bonaire. From Aruba you will be stuck with DAE, like night and day between those two airlines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3272) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You'd have to get to Aruba early enough to get the direct flight to BON on Tiara Air, and they only fly once or twice a week I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #729) on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

last year did the EWR-CUR on Continental & used Divi to BON. this year it's non-stop from EWR!!

another year we did the AA to SJU, spent a great day in old San Juan (used the great tips on this board) and got into BON an hour late courtesy of AE. on the way home we took Divi to CUR, than AA to MIA and tranferred to EWR. We did this return rather than the AE to SJU because of the later departure time, shorter layover and bigger planes. (CUR-MIA is a daily flight)

I'm not sure why you would subject yourself to transferring planes when there is a non-stop available.

hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #332) on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 6:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sue

Only because I want to fly down on a Wednesday and home on a Sunday. Maximum time I can afford to spend down there is 4 nites.

C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #730) on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

if money is no object, go down Wednesday on AA via Curacao and come back on the Sunday morning Continental non-stop to lessen the travel misery, otherwise come back on AA via CUR/MIA.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration