BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Latest on Spare Air in checked baggage
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Latest on Spare Air in checked baggage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're traveling to Bonaire latter part of Feb on A.J. Has anyone been able to transport "spare air" in their checked luggage or would I be better off
leaving it at home? Thanks for the advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince, just thought I'd pop in here briefly.. Yes, Hugh checked his spare air no problem. Has done this many times now.. from London to Cayman Islands and London to Bonaire (along with internal US flights). Security will ask you whether it's empty, and they MIGHT open up the case you put it in.. hope that helps?.. S:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince we were in Bonaire in Nov. and checked pony bottles with no problem...you know they have to be empty right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sarah, Meryl..Thanks for your input. Yes, I realize that it wouldn't be prudent to carry spare air with 3000 psi in it (I know you were just checking :-)...
If anyone has had any problems with this please let me know. With my luck traveling,anything can happen! At any rate 30 days & counting.. Ah...Bonaire..the thrill is (never) gone!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration