BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Need Help getiing to Bonaire from New York on a Friday.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: Need Help getiing to Bonaire from New York on a Friday.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J O'Donnell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are scheduled to depart November 2008. Trying to figure out an itinerary is a bit difficult.
We want to t fly NYC/Bonaire on 14 November
Depart Bonaire to Aruba on the 21st and stay on Aruba for the 21st and 22nd, then depart Aruba on the 23rd of November to come back home to NY.Or I suppose we could stay on Bonaire until the 23rd.
Can anyone help me out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #95) on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just go to kayak.com and punch in your dates. Omitting Aruba, you can do 11/14--11/23 for $500 on AA or $740 on CO (red-eye).

The option with Aruba doesn't work on Kayak since they don't have DAE or Divi-Divi in their system. But if you just do open jaw and omit BON-AUA leg, you get $449 on AA or AA/US for a bit more.

Simple...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another option, if you insist on Aruba, is to just fly NY-AUA RT on the big plane and then do the local hop over to BON and back on DAE or Divi-divi.
You can do the NY-AUA RT for $412 on AA or $455 non-stop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #129) on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As you may know, there is a N/S Newark/Bonaire Continental--leaves about midnite on Saturdays. Returns to Newark Sunday mornings.

Additionally, Continental does the same on Fridays out of Houston.

So, if you decide to skip Aruba--outbound on Friday via Houston on Cont--return via Newark also on Cont. on Sunday.

Also, I think I've heard that American does a flight out of the NY area to Curacao--it's then a 15 minute flight to Bonaire on one of several puddle jumpers without the hassle, additional expense, and fewer choices of a flight to/from Aruba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #519) on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 3:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The American track to CUR is through MIA, one of my least favorite airports. I have never done it, but there is a flight from LGA through MIA that would get you to CUR by 12:50. Then on to Bonaire on Divi much earlier than the San Juan route.
Maybe next time. Mick

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration