BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Newark - what time do you get there on Saturday night?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: Newark - what time do you get there on Saturday night?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #724) on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 - 9:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What time do most people arrive at Newark for the 11:55pm flight? We live very close to the airport, so I'm wondering if we really need to get there 2 hours ahead or if 90 minutes will be sufficient. I can't imagine the security lines are very long and I know nothing will be open at that time. (Does anyone know what gate have they been using lately?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 - 7:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We got there about 945 the week before Christmas. The lines were not bad. I'm chronically early. I'd rather be an hour early than a minute late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (Sand$-A3) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #118) on Thursday, February 7, 2008 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sue, my wife and I live about an hour south and we try to get to the airport around 10pm. The flight starts boarding about 11:15 so after checking in and security it is not a long wait. I always worry that luggage will get lost if you check in to late..... but I worry to much I think!

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron and carol mcneal (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Friday, February 8, 2008 - 1:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

H Sue Carol and I have used the red eye 3 or 4 times now Just like Patrick we get there around 10 and it's been plenty of time. Only a few concessions open and they have been in the process of closing up. And it always seems the farthest gate out.

Ron ( jersey people also, jersey shore )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1170) on Friday, February 8, 2008 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We found 10 a good time to get to Newark too.
But be aware ,there is not much ,if anything, opened that late, sans a McDonald's closing.
Have dinner before you go, bring something to read and when you get on the plane, take a nap and wake up before sunrise on Bonaire!
I do love the direct flight, no thought of lost luggage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl aka snorkelady is going back! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #384) on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 11:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi. Our flight from Toronto arrives in Newark at 7 pm. Will anything be open at that hour? What can we expect on the flight to Bonaire .... dim lights and snoring ;-)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #845) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cheryl... our connection through Newark also arrived at 7pm. We ate a leisurely dinner in the steak/seafood restaurant to pass some time. Food was NYC prices and nothing special but we did manage to sit at a window table for two hours. The shops and fast food restaurants near the gates all closed between 10 and 11 pm. The flight to Bonaire was quite pleasant. The lights were dimmed and the beverage service quiet (I never even heard them!) The flight attendants began to turn up the lights and make announcements about an hour before landing which gave everyone time to wake up, use the restrooms, fill out Customs forms, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #727) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 9:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would second the recommendation for the steak restaurant by gate 120 in Newark (Gallagher's might be the name). I have grabbed dinner and lunch there many times before a flight. The food is quite good - prices not outrageous by NY area standards. The entree salads are very good and the portions are generous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl aka snorkelady is going back! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #386) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Susan & Sue, I'm please to hear about the restaurant as I was wondering what we would do for dinner. Sue thanks also for the name of the restaurant and proximity to the gate. This will be our first time using Continental.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration