BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Yapta...AGAIN!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: Yapta...AGAIN!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #675) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was in seventh heaven last week when Yapta notified me about a price change to Bonaire, to the tune of a $800 refund on my credit card.

Well guess what? I got another e-mail AND another $1000 refund! This site is wonderful-$1800 saved!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1706) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yikes !!! good for you :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6700) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary, glad you got refunded. :-) You sure must have paid big bucks for the original set of tickets as to get an $1800 refund.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #676) on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 9:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

They were very pricey-we had to cancel our original trip in November due to my husband's work, and got Delta tickets at 1400/apiece. Needless to say, this is a happy surprise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1329) on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked out Yapta last night but it doesn't look as if I can download it to my MacBook, using Safari as my browser --- I'm new to the non-PC world. Anybody have more information. I travel a fair amount, and this would be a great service.
Thanks,
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6406) on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary, That's fabulous!

I was credited with the full price difference on our upcoming round trip, too. We weren't certain if they would give us a lesser amount voucher as mentioned on the website OR the full monetary credit but it was the full amount on the monetary difference credited very quickly to my VISA card.

Yapta is wonderful!! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #677) on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 5:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No kidding-I know my experience is pretty unusual, since we paid premium prices for the tickets. Still, what a nice service-and we've benefited greatly from it.

Never would have known it, if it hadn't been for BT...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6408) on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks again, Ann Phelan!! Annie is the one who turned us on to Yapta!! cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #678) on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 7:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you so much, Annie! We'll contact you for a dinner/drink when we're on island!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie, you should check out Momondo.com, it was recently reviewed as the cheapest flight search engine by the Houston chronicle...

Momondo works perfectly on macs (at least on mine).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #550) on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie...can't do Yapta on the MAc..I'm gonna go look at Momondo thanks for the tip Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Butts (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 12:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yapta works fine on a Mac, you just need to use the Firefox web browser instead of Safari.
See:
http://www.yapta.com/download/firefox/
and
http://www.mozilla.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By constance (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am new to Yapta and am trying to figure out how to use it. Do you have to do the download first to try Yapta? I tried to plug my flight in on the home page and it said my info didn't match. Is your record locator number the same as confirmation number? What else am I doing wrong? Sometimes I feel like the dimmest bulb in the package. ;{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #679) on Friday, February 1, 2008 - 8:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No you're not-I had the same problems. You do have to do the download. I used the confirmation number, not the record locator. It depends on the airlines if they're the same.

If you still have trouble, e-mail Yapta. I e-mailed them with a question and got a personalized response within a day or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By F. Keaton (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Monday, February 4, 2008 - 12:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless I did something wrong, you can only use Yapta if you have purchased directly from an airline.

We had extensive tickets already booked through travel websites like Orbitz, Expedia and Cheap Tickets. I e mailed our itineraries to Yapta and got responses back saying something to the effect that they could not refund on those. However, I also was using a Mac so am not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Has anyone tried to get a refund after purchasing from one of the travel websites I mentioned above?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6442) on Monday, February 4, 2008 - 6:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

F. I purchased my tickets directly from Continental and received a full refund of the difference in the prices.

Maybe if you use the services you mentioned in your post it will not work but I am not certain. Do those services actually book your trip and do you pay these services directly or just use them to determine airfares? cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By F. Keaton (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, you pay Orbitz, Expedia and Cheap Tickets for the airline tickets and they apparently make the arrangements with the airlines.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration