BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Good price I think
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: Good price I think
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1703) on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 9:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think I just got a fairly good price on Delta, Wed to Wed flights - Boston through Atlanta to Bonaire, (including taxes/fees): $566.80 (USD) round trip total per person.

This flight arrives at 2:10 in the afternoon. And yes, I did Yapta the flights.

Seems pretty good to me! Just letting you know in case anybody is watching the prices.

(arriving June 25th returning July 9th)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tad Jones (BonaireTalker - Post #75) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Excellent price Denise!!

I have a timeshare at Buddy's and am looking at trying to nail down a fall trip. It's floating, but is a Sat to Sat. Can't go mid week.

I thought fall would be cheaper, but they want a grand for the Sat flights, even that far out. I have already checked 6 or 8 different weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #538) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I envy your cheap tickets :-)
We'll be flying to Bonaire this summer.
I have to pay $ 1700 from Amsterdam to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1705) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

it can be tough to get to Bonaire, both $ and time - but oh so worth it once we get there :-) These Delta flight times are really good for us.

This is our first time of staying for two whole weeks. I am so excited, even if it is not til 4 months from now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob...no april showers) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2475) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

$600 on continental (thru houston) in april...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Trip in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4137) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Denise,
You done good :-) The Delta mid week flights are intermittant, according to our travel agent. We tried to get it for May; no dice. We fly BWI to ATL to BON. I would have loved to have done mid week as we tried for 2 weeks BUT couldn't coordinate Buddy's rooms and the airline together soooooo May it is for our first '08 trip.

Glad you've got your tickets secured!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanna Bryson (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob - is that Amsterdam to Bonaire with KLM? Wow! - Sounds really expensive. We fly KLM from UK-Amsterdam-Bonaire for around $1200 which we think is too much. Mind you, when you look at all the BT discussions on getting to Bonaire from mainland USA and how difficult and time consuming it seems to be trying to get all those stop overs to work just right - even though it may work out cheaper - I think we actually end up with a good deal. Just a long and tedious long haul across the pond to get through and then, as Denise has said, what a wonderful prize when you finally get there. Coming home - not so appealing!! May will be our 5th trip to paradise and each time we try to find a better deal than KLM (by going to the US first and then on) but the connections (sometimes 3 or 4) and stopovers never seem to work and the price ends up being pretty close or even more than KLM so we end up sticking with them. Only another 60 flights to go and we can get one free on our accumulated "Flying Blue" points!! I'm certainly up for another 60 trips to Bonaire :-) Any fellow Europeans with other ideas than KLM? Would be interested to hear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tad Jones (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi

I may of found something for us NOVA folks! AA has a flight from DCA to Curacao for $521. Leaves at 6 and gets in @ 12:50. 521 bucks! DAE has a flight that leaves Curacao at 2 and gets in at 2:30. 82 bucks. Connection is a little tight, but they also have another one at 4.

Price seems to hold steady, no matter when I check on kayak! Also check flydae.com. Now that I have a good ticket price, Monday morning I'm going to confirm with Buddy's that my timeshare is available 10-25 thru 11-1 and nail it down!

That was the coral spawning time frame last year. Anybody know when it is this year? might try to coordinate my trip with it again. I know it's got something to do with the full moon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #539) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flying in May makes all the difference.
I just saw on the KLM website I can still fly in May for EUR 800
To make it even worse: I have 4 kids still at home and sometimes number 5 wants to come too.
It truly is an investment in our family life.

I combine it this time with a holliday on Curacao.

There is not enough competition from AMS to BON.

Flying to Georgia, Vancouver, San Fransisco or Johannesburg was much cheaper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tad Jones (BonaireTalker - Post #77) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS

I HATE getting in late at night, and getting up at the butt crack of dawn to leave. I know DAE has had some problems, but Delta is just too damn proud of their airplanes most of the time.

AA and DAE seem to be more consistent in their pricing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Trip in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4141) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 1:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tad,
LMAO....butt crack o dawn LOL!

Thanks for the info for us VA kids :-) Sounds like something we should entertain in the future. I just dropped $1300 pp for first class from BWI to ATL to BON....OUCH is all I can say. Most we have paid ever for airfare. Hell that's more than our entire trip cost not many moons ago! We started out as loyal ALM victims, then used AJ for 8 years with little errors; now they're taking a poop soooo Delta it was for this first trip of '08. I will certainly be watching what you found for a fall return trip. Not sure about the coral spawning for '08 but there is a calendar somewhere on someone's site LOL!

Thanks, Tad, for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tad Jones (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 2:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ALM- All Luggage Missing!! Used them a couple of times myself, but thankfully, was never a victim!

If we use BWI, we do a park-and-fly. Out of DC, we usually leave at 6 or 7, so between getting to the airport 2 hrs ahead of time, driving to the airport(1hr), and taking showers before we leave, we have to get up at 2 or 3.

Don't mind getting up early on the way down. Hell, I never sleep worth a crap anyway, the night before we leave. Too excited. Coming back though.......it sucks!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration