BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BT strikes again!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-01-01 to 2008-02-29: BT strikes again!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #670) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just thought you might like to know--I Yapta'd our extremely expensive Delta flight for April. IT HAD GONE DOWN $400 A PERSON! Just got it changed, and an $800 credit went on my card.

I never would have known about this gem if not for Bonaire talk. Thanks everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Trip in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4042) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way to go Mary!!! That's awesome.....more money to save for another trip :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmmy - Bonaire Bound in September (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4844) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 2:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sweet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6385) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 3:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had the same thing happen last week...our fare went down and was credited with a few hundred dollars right to the credit card.

Yapta is a wonderful (free) service!!

Thanks Ann Phelan for letting us in on Yapta's services! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sparty (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unfair, I signed up for Yapta and ours went up $400 per person! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #671) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, keep watching-it may go down again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sparty (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I doubt ours will go down, just glad we got them when we did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #672) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You aren't, by chance, an MSU alum? Just wondering with that name. I am, though I was born in Ann Arbor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sparty (BonaireTalker - Post #89) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good guess. Go Green!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #673) on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 5:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes...unless they're playing the blue! Do you still live in Michigan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sparty (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 12:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Petoskey, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3048) on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been in the travel biz for 20+ years and had NO IDEA prices fluctuated as much as they do. I think I need to work for Yapta, don't you Carole? Haaa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #674) on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No kidding! And I got another e-mail-they went down again, but not enough to justify the change fee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6391) on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 1:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We'll follow you wherever you may go, Ann! LOL!!Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6393) on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 1:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's now confirmed....received a full refund on both R/T tickets for the differce/reduction on the airfare to/from Bonaire on my VISA card on 1-19-08 and posted the full credit on 1-21-08! No deductions taken out at all.

Yapta (thanks to Ann Phelan's tip from a few months ago) saved me lots of money on this upcoming trip!

Go Yapta!! Go Annie!! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Armour (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto! Thanks BT

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration