BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Staying overnight in Curacao
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-10-01 to 2007-12-31: Staying overnight in Curacao
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nancy (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 12:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're coming to Bonaire in June, and thinking of spending a night in Curacao on the way down, to take some of the stress out of flight connections. Can anyone recommend a hotel, either at the airport or downtown? Nothing fancy, just a good place to sleep. (We don't care about airport noise.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1268) on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 11:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nancy, the reason your not getting any replies is Bonaire is 35 miles(15-20min) by air away from Curacao. If you stop overnight you will be subject to Departure Tax as well. With your hotel cost's and other fee's could pay for a first class rental vehical on Bonaire... I hope this little note helps you.

It takes long enough to get to Dushi Bonaire, lets not streach it out any longer then necessary...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #480) on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - 1:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nancy
I believe there is only one hotel on the airport side of the island so you may also wind up with a two way cab fare to Wilhelmstadt as well. Also read about how easy the connection to Divi Divi is.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob...packing now! (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2428) on Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - 5:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

on our return from our first trip to bonaire (june 2000) we ended up spending the night on a park bench on the observation level at the curacao aiport...not good:-(

just didn't seem worth getting a room for 7 hours...wrong:-)

i think maybe the airport has been renovated a bit but at the time was NOT the place to get stuck overnite...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #286) on Thursday, January 3, 2008 - 12:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nancy, I must agree with Ron. It will be more stressful trying to get a room and then returning to the airport than just passing through on Divi-Divi Air. Unless time and money is no object I recommend connecting through to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Armour (BonaireTalker - Post #79) on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Best place to stay overnight? Any suggg...?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #285) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 2:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The nearest Hotel to the airport is the Airport Hojo, which I stayed at in late Oct of last year, but I think they were changing it into a weekly hotel. It was clean and safe. Please remember the cab fare from the air port to the airport Hojo is only 10-15 $ but if you stay in town the fair is 25/35 $ each way.

If you sit at the bar of the Airport Hojo you can see the planes taking off, that's how close it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #286) on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 2:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Terry here is a link, this is really close to the airport--never stayed there, but have been told is reasonably priced and safe!

http://www.apartamentuholanda.com/

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration