BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Airline Security Hassles
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Airline Security Hassles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 4:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are there any horror stories about people flying into
Bonaire?
Each time I fly domestically within the US, it seems to be more
or a hassle -- people going through my carry-on bags and dropping
my palm pilot or money out onto the floor, having bags put thru
x-ray 3 or 4 times, being frisked more than once, etc.

Are there any tips about flying to Bonaire (outside of packing very light).

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Captain Papa Nut on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 12:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Of course it depends on who you are flying with and what stops you are flying through.. but I just returned from 2 weeks in BON (Xmas and NY) and we flew from Atlanta through MOBAY on Air Jamaica. No hassles. Zero out side of the usual AJ being late etc.

The best thing to do is check everything you can and carry on bare minimums. Even regs. Some folks may disagree with that but those things send off alarms on the XRAY and you end up with a strip search every time.

Also SHAVE the beards and take off the turbans so you dont look like Osama

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Davison on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anon,

Flew BWI-MBJ-BON in December and didn't check a thing .... carried almost EVERYTHING (backplate, wings, regulator, fins etc etc) on the plane and had no difficulties. I did place my razor and EMT shears in my wife's checked luggage.

Bob

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration