BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: DAE - carry-on restrictions
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-10-01 to 2007-12-31: DAE - carry-on restrictions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Marc Buskirk (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 8:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does Dutch Antilles Express impose the same restrictions for carry-on luggage as in the U.S.? Specifically, are liquids limited to 3 oz. or less and only if in a 1 quart ziplock bag?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian back in Blighty (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3410) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 12:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have a look at http://flydae.com/contact.htm

Bonaire were not as strict as UK customs but we kept to the same restrictions - just in case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula B (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #112) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 3:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Brian, so I have read the website link and now I have a question:
We are taking DAE from Aruba to Bonaire via Curacao so do we have to go out of the 'secure' area to buy our 'airport taxes'?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian back in Blighty (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3419) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 3:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Airport taxes are paid as you leave. We left Bonaire to go home via Aruba ( stayed overnight) and then flew home from Curacao, we payed the local airport in Bonaire for Aruba and then the International airport tax in Curacao (I think). We had to collect our bags in Curacao and go through immigration and then recheck our bags and then go back through passport control.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian back in Blighty (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3420) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 3:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When we have flown out of Bonaire to Curacao and then had our international flight home same day we had to pay the international airport tax in Bonaire and nothing in Curacao as we were transit passengers. I hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula B (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #113) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 12:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I think that helps when leaving Bonaire. What about arriving in Aruba, then flying on to Bonaire? Any idea where you get the taxes paid in Aruba

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian back in Blighty (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3421) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 3:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Paula

The Tax is an exit tax and not applicable for transit passengers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula B (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #114) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 3:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DUH! I knew that--it was a test

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration