BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New Delta Flight/Grab Seats While You Can
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-10-01 to 2007-12-31: New Delta Flight/Grab Seats While You Can
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2965) on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 7:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

From TCB confirmed by DL
Delta Air Lines just announced that they’ve added a second weekly flight to Bonaire on Wednesdays March 5-April 9, 2008! Like the Saturday flight which commences February 9, 2008, the flight to Bonaire (DL371) departs weekly at 10:00 a.m. and arrives in Bonaire at 3:10 p.m. (2:10 p.m. at the end of Daylight Savings Time). The return flight (DL370) departs Bonaire weekly at 4:15 p.m. (3:15 p.m. at the end of Daylight Savings Time) and arrives in Atlanta at 7:55 p.m.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2966) on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, not TCB, Adams PR alerted me to this and I already have a client confirmed on the April 9 flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I played with Kayak.com to get from Boston to Bonaire on Wednesdays and Delta seems to have flights available out till next July at least.
The flight times to/from the northeast are excellent.

RT prices are all over the place, from just under $500 to over $1300. Their pricing strategy makes no sense.
I need to find a better tracking website that watches fares on a monthly or weekly basis...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2972) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom

I have been finding 491.00 and up from BOS on AA too. The DL flight is impossible for me when I am traveling to and from Cape Cod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gnann (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 3:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I booked the Wednesday-to-Wednesday flight for March 2008. Thanks for the heads-up, Ann! I agree that the Delta price structure is hard to figure out. Right now, the Wed-to-Wed flights are a little cheaper than Sat-to-Sat the same week, but it may just reflect seat availability, since Delta has been taking reservations on the Saturday flights for several weeks. I assume the fact that the Saturday flights are filling up is what prompted Delta to add the Wednesday flights. I just hope the rumored United-Delta merger doesn't doesn't screw up this route.

And you have to love this. I live in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. When we fly AJ or AA out of Atlanta to Bonaire, we always drive to Atlanta because adding the Birmingham-to-Atlanta flight greatly increases ticket costs. It is less expensive for our family to drive to Atlanta (which is about 2.5 hours) and spend the night in a hotel. However, with these new Delta flights, the Birmingham-Atlanta-Bonaire itinerary is actually CHEAPER than Atlanta-Bonaire. Go figure...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2973) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

John, traveling mid week is always cheaper on all airlines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5951) on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 9:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well we scored 4 tickets from Boston for $500 each on the new mid week flight. This should be the easiest way down yet. We leave Boston Tuesday evening for Hot Lanta, spend the night there and catch the Bonaire flight at 10:00AM the next morning. Arrive on Bonaire at 2:00PM rested and ready to go. Sure beats getting up at 2:00AM and arriving at 9:30PM.

The trip back we leave at 3:00PM and arrive in Boston at midnight, also a breeze.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2974) on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, did they not offer the 5:40 AM departure out of BOS or too early??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5954) on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes they did but, no thanks. That leads to getting out of bed at 2:00AM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gnann (BonaireTalker - Post #71) on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 8:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anne, I was not too suprised that Wed-Wed is cheaper than Sat-Sat.

However, I was very (pleasantly) suprised that Birmingham-Atlanta-Bonaire was cheaper than Atlanta-Bonaire on the same travel day. Delta pays me to fly from Birmingham to Atlanta! I haven't re-checked the rates - maybe it was a fluke. But I locked it in quick!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration