BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Martin Air-Aruba/Avia-air Aruba to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Martin Air-Aruba/Avia-air Aruba to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Denton on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 6:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I understand Avia air will have 1 flight per day Aruba to Bonaire after Jan. 10 and that Martin air will be going From Miamito Aruba soon with good intro rates. Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 7:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Phil, can you email me the info on Martin Air (800#) as I have never heard of them. And if that is true about Avia, way cool. Folks can take the GWV/TNT charters from BOS/BDL to AUA and jump over to BON. Keep in mind when the flights are undersold they are soooo cheap..usually 200.00 and up per ticket roundtrip!! Do you have Avia's # as well. Thanks.

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 8:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin Air is part of KLM. We have had Avia flights in the past. let's all keep our collective fingers crossed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 11:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saw the same notice in the paper today about the Avia Air connection. It's a 15 seater, once a day, from Aruba. However, I'll believe it when I see it happen for more than a couple of weeks continuously.

No idea on price - Phone number at the Aruba airport for them is +297-834600 (prefix with 011 to call from U.S.). Tell us what you find out.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Oglesby on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does Avia Air have a website? I have some friends having a similar problem. They have standby tickets to Aruba on Delta and are now having trouble getting from Aruba to Bonaire.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 5:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The following is from the Bonaire EZ news:

On January 10, 2002 Avia Air launched daily service from Aruba to/from Bonaire. Using a turboprop 220 knot Embraer 110 with a 15 person capacity, the daily round-trip flight departs Aruba at 7:00 p.m. arriving into Bonaire 7:45 p.m. The flight to Aruba departs Bonaire daily at 8:05 p.m. Flights can be booked through travel agencies in Aruba and Bonaire, by emailing avia.do@setarnet.aw or calling 011-297-834600 or 011-5999-7850001.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way too small for me! At night, no less! Thanks, but no thanks. It is good to have additional options out there, however. Thanks for the info. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth Comeau on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 5:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brigitte,

Thanks so much for the info. I did not know how we were going to get over to Aruba. (We are spending a week in Bonaire and then over to Aruba for a week). We have been through so many airline changes and I could not believe it when I saw that AA cancelled all fligths to Aruba. (three weeks ago they re-routed us on a Flight between BON & AUA)and then we read that they cancelled all fligths between BON & AUA. We still have not heard anything from AA so I do not know when they plan on contacting us. They are actually making ALM look like a better alternative.

Your email was very timely....I just told my husband last week that I was not even going to worry about how to get over to Aruba....something will turn up and then I read your email. Hopefully it works out for us. Thanks again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Oglesby on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the 411 Brigitte. I'll have them contact Avia Air and see what they can get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, Carole,

You have such a good view of the scenery from a small plane flying low. Seems as though you are right there. Most of the fun of flying!!! :–)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration