BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Delta fares to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-10-01 to 2007-12-31: Delta fares to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Melo (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #130) on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked the fares on Delta from Philadelphia to Bonaire for July 2008. It was over $1300/pp !!!! The Air Jamaica tickets last year were about half of that.

(Message edited by sirto on November 13, 2007)

(Message edited by sirto on November 13, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6341) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 12:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow...you could fly first class non stop on Continental from Newark into Bonaire for even less than that!

Were they quoting you first class rates??

Is Delta cutting back on the Bonaire route? Maybe they "want" to discourage folks from flying their airline??? That's crazy! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5938) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It has been at around those prices since they started the route (and quickly sold all the cheap tickets). Interesting is that Delta to Curacao is pretty reasonable right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #659) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ATL to Bonaire in April was 1400 pp. We had to pay it, due to my husband's boss postponing the trip because of business (actually his BOSS had to pay it). It was not first class, and though we booked a couple of weeks ago, there were only 7 seats left in coach. I think Delta knows they have a good market, because of the limited service to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gnann (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We booked ATL to Bon for July 2008 a few weeks ago at ~$700 per ticket. When I happened to re-check the price a few days later, it had jumped to $1300.00 and few seats remained! I think what we are seeing is a (semi-)free market in action. Delta is the only US carrier that provides direct flights to BON with optimal arrival/departure times. They will manipulate the prices up and down until they figure out what the market (that's us!) will bear. A lot of people are apparently willing to pay top dollar for the convenience and security of a non-stop flight. Right now, a more economical (but still reliable) alternative might be Delta non-stop ATL to CUR, the Divi Divi CUR to BON.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1151) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ed...FYI... It appears that Delta airlines MAY cease to exist. They are in intensive talks right now with United who I suspect will buy them out & take over their operations! Negotiations from what I understand are ongoing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #143) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 6:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just looked at Expedia for March '08.
Delta was in the low 700's.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Low 700's from what city to/from Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #144) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

March 1 - 8, 2008. Atl-Bonaire: $683.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #414) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince...

Where did you get the info about United trying to buy out Delta? A similar attempt was reported a few years ago, but I had not heard anything recently about a United buyout of Delta. Might or might not be a good thing, but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #145) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 10:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince may be exaggerating a bit.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?type=comktNews&rpc=33&storyid=2007-11-14T204400Z_01_WEN2588_RTRIDST_0_DELTA-UAL-DENIAL-URGENT.XML

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Teri's 1st trip to BON April 2008!! (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 11:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sort of off topic while still related, the Continental flight I was going to book was about $730, although I changed a date which bumped it up to $760. This is my first trip, so I have no clue if I just got hosed on the price or not... :-) Is that about what y'all are paying? Continental's time/days of the week worked perfectly with my schedule, so all was good.

Oh, and the red-eye part of it doesn't faze me a bit - I can sleep anywhere and especially on planes. Yay, I'm lucky!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2608) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 4:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Teri, your price sounds fair for coach.

I'm I'm spoiled first class flyer & am still working through my issues with Air Jamaica and trying to burn mileage before they pull out in March 2008. We'll be on island, again, Feb/March 2008 if all goes well with them and me :-)

I have heard about the buy out attempt again as they are negotiating right now. Made our local and national news. I say bring it on; getting to BON, after 15 years, is getting more and more interesting...for us anyway :: sigh ::

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2609) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 4:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Supposedly big wheels at both organizations are denying but I know someone inside who says chatting is going on; let's hope for only good to come from this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1152) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 7:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mel..I also read the CEO at Delta has denied it. So I guess it really boils down to whom do you really believe. When these talks are going on the parties usually like to "keep mum". If you have an ongoing business under negotiation, it's certainly not wise to broadcast it in case the negotiations fall through and it could adversely affect current bookings. I guess time will tell. Keep an eye on it.
My posting was just to alert people that Delta MAY (caps for emphasis) be taken over by United.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #415) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 7:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Vince, Mel and Kobi. Shortly after I asked Vince for more info and had shut the computer off for the night, I saw a report of the AP story on the nightly news. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is regardless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2616) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sure mum's the word but someone always has loose lips when it comes to mergers :-)

I just HOPE and pray that getting to BON won't be an adventure for us now without AJ from BWI! Delta has gouged a few folks I know but you pay the price to go to paradise; it changes from minute to minute too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6328) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 1:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am trying to still decide what airline to fly down in August. Looks like it will be CO as all this with Delta, pricing is just to high most of the time for me in South Jersey to make from Phila. to Atlanta and then to Bon.. Still two flights, and costs even when it drops a bit is ridiculous. At least with CO, you can get flights for four hundred something if you watch it close and it is one flight for us. Just the time it flies is crappy, but hey, you can't have your cake and eat it too when going to Bonaire, still keep trying though. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #558) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked and it's really good pricing flying out Saturday red eye arrive sunday am on CO and returning sunday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #559) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 9:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whoops. I forgot to say from Newark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #883) on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 1:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We fly out of Houston IAH on the Continental redeye to Bonaire. When I checked last week prices were in the range of $580 to $650 for April/May time frame. But who knows how often that will change over the next few months. Did not check other airlines so can't comment on them. We prefered AJ from Houston but that has not been an option for a couple of years now as AJ quite flying Houston/Bonaire. Continental is good for us because it is non-stop and we both can sleep on planes without much trouble.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #168) on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just checked the Wednesday Delta from Boston to Bon - $562.20 RT including taxes and fees for early March 2008. 6am departure from Bos, 3:10 arrival in Bon. Compare to current AA $491.20, 9:50am departure, arr Bon 8:55pm.

We're already booked on AA (since last August, when the price was $728.20 RT). To take advantage of the fare drop required a $100 ticket change fee, so we're only getting back $137 per person, and that's in vouchers, not cash.

Maybe next year we'll do Delta. I'm willing to get up at an uncivilized time in Boston to get more civilized arrival and departure times in Bon.

Incidentally, Delta is showing a 3:15pm departure for the return flight. Are they really expecting to turn around a big jet in 5 min?

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1240) on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I still think it's imminent! Delta will probably merge with either North West or UAL. We'll see how much credibility Delta's CEO has on earlier statements of denying a merger. From what I understand HE used to be the CEO of Northwest.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration