BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: My opinion about DAE
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-10-01 to 2007-12-31: My opinion about DAE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosie (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm just going to briefly say that because of the last 24 hours being abused by DAE, I would advise not using DAE right now. They don't have many planes to put into the air. It has been quite an experience with passengers shouting at DAE supervisors. I have cancelled the rest of my flights with them for this trip. I just wanted to quickly put this out. After no sleep last night, I'm beat. Later

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom orrow (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 8:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So these are the people that said they could do better then ALM (ANTILLEAN AIRLINES) I can remember when the share holders said WE ARE GOING TO GET THEM. It's a pity the same image of this (sole) share holder It's eihter his way our the high way!!!Must have very deep pockets to run this joint 5 planes 1 flying.Perhaps Still skimming the money at California savings & loan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By philip gelber (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 11:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Arrived at the airport today at 10am just to check out what was happening over at DAE as we had reservations on the 17:15 flight to AUA via CUR.

Of course, nobody was at the counter and they weren't answering the telephone. At the kiosk, after a 30 minute wait on line we were told that they only had one plane running, and that the other planes were "in maintainence".

They mentioned that they might be able to get us to AUA about 11:30 PM but it wasn't 100% sure.

Of course, our reservations were 6 months paid for. They offered no refund, only a drink and sandwich voucher.

Luckily, I had read about Tiara Air on this newsgroup and ran over to their counter. They indeed had seats left on the BON-AUA noon flight @ $94 US per person. We paid after it was obvious that NOBODY was getting out of BON on DAE for the next few days. We ran and got our bags from BelMar and off we went, landing on time in AUA.

In the process we met many stranded DAE customers at the airport and at the AB rental desk

My advice for anyone planning to use DAE in the next few weeks is to cancel and use alternate means, if available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #179) on Thursday, November 1, 2007 - 8:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Things happen, sad but true, and things seem to be happening continuously to the airline discussed here. What in my eye's is the real annoying and unacceptable thing is that they are not around to answer any questions. If you finally find a DAE staff member they lie. Aiaiai, very, very unprofessional for most people, but normal and common for them. They seem not to care.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration