BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: April ?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: April ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 7:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am ready to book my April 13th tickets (quite pricey) but found on tickets on Orbitz for MUCH less, however the connections are crazy:

BOS -ATL -MIA-BON On Delta and ALM
BON SJU JFK BOS On AA

Has anyone ever done a flight like this with 2 different airlines? Is ALM reliable? Or should I just pay the 400.00 more and fly AA with the one SJU stop. I am suffering from PBD so cannot think clearly and need some rational logic.

Also, I might be able to get to Aruba on TNT or GWV but how would I get to BON?

It's looking like Feb. is not going to happen but I will try one more day. Then I will bag it.

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 8:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie,

Did you try Travelocity? I just typed in bos-bon
with 3 connections for April 13-24 and found flights Boston-San Juan-Bonaire. Prices started at
$599.00. A bit high but all American Airlines/Eagle.

When I was rebooking my annual trip to Bonaire this year, I found great savings by adjusting my travel dates to fly midweek. I have in hand 3 tickets for $504.00 out of Burlington, Vermont. Again using Travelocity.

Orbitz showed the flights, however, when I went to their "Purchase" page, they said they were not available.

Just a thought. Good Luck!

Oh yeah, the $504.00 I mentioned was for each ticket. If I could get 3 tickets for $504.00 total I would be on Bonaire for 10 days every month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan markus on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann
You should try and schedule your trip for Wednsday to Wednsday. Most AA flights from just about anyplace in the Eastern USA are under 400.00 r/t via San Juan (did not check Bos however). They go up quickly on other days of the week. I suspect this is because of the Air Jamaca wednsday flights (which remain higher than AA).
I personally would avoid ALM aka DCA or DCE as their track record is most unreliable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marcia lamanna on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 7:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann,

Sidestep shows BOS BON 4/13 7:15A 8:17P 2 connections
BON BOS 4/21 6:15A 6:18P 2 connections for $693.50

Hope this helps,
Marcia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 9:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone flown ALM recently? They still show tickets on Orbitz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Kershaw on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann,

I'm going BOS->ATL on Delta (2/5), then ATL->BON (via MTB) on Air Jamaica (2/6). Credit to AJ: I was schedule to travel on 2/6 from Boston on AJ before they canceled their Wednesday flights from BOS, so they took care of the BOS->ATL flight and will pay for the hotel in ATL.

I don't know if this kind of route is possible for you the time you are going, but it may be worth looking into.

Regards,
Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 4:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know that you are heading to Bonaire from "the cape" -- have you tried pricing through Providence? I think that one drawback from there is AA routes you to JFK then SJU then BON. What about Hartford? We are flying out on April 13 first thing in the morning to SJU then on to Bonaire. Fairly long lay over in PR but we usually take a cab to the beach and hang out for the time. Can't help you with the cost because we are using frequent flyer miles for this one! I would be hesitant to fly using two different airlines -- seems the only time folks I know who have lost luggage has been when changing airlines. Sounds like you may be on a school schedule based on when you travel -- me too so I can't take advantage of those midweek deals! Good luck and maybe we will meet on a plane or in BON!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration