BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Cool Website
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-10-01 to 2007-12-31: Cool Website
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2904) on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 8:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I found a great website called Yapta. You can enter in travel dates and flight info and when the price comes down to what you want to pay you are notified. Yapta just saved me 200.00!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6186) on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like a winner, Annie! Will have to check it out. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By You can just call me BOOM! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5106) on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 9:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Definitely need to check that out! Thanks Ann :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe[less than 15 days] (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #259) on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 11:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You might also try kayak.com? You can setup a "Buzz" to alert you to a lower price level.
The site allows for you to choose arrival and departure times and take a look at individual airline prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6191) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill, I got Kayak on my puter daily, pretty cool to see the patterns of air fare change again and again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #473) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill, tx for the kayak website. That also has the possibility of finding fares to/from Europe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosie (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie, Is there a special area on the web site to ask to be notified? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe[less than 10 days] (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #260) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie
Isn't great to get a dailey update on your chosen destination!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6194) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill, sure is, I just have the feeling I am going to hit the "buy now" button when I see a really great rate! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe[less than 10 days] (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #261) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie
I used the "Buzz" for my trip next week and found Las Vegas, to Curacao for $559! Can't complain about that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2949) on Wednesday, November 7, 2007 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My trip went down more and I recvd my second Yapta notification. I saved 350+.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6381) on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 9:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, I received notice from Yapta that our airfare dropped substantially (in my eyes, at least!) for our upcoming trip to Bonaire. I contacted the airline and it appears they are going to issue a full refund for the price difference back to my credit card....not just a voucher for part of the price as Yapta thought might happen.

I have re-entered the lowered rate and will have Yapta track that rate and changes for me now.

I sent them a nice note and they responded and asked if a journalist could contact me...he's writing an article for a German business magazine on websites that can save people money and Yapta is one of the companies he is writing about.

I had explained to him that you had posted Yapta's name on BT a while back and that lots of us have read the posting and have been utilizing Yapta's service.

Thanks so much for letting us know about Yapta, Annie!! See you in May 2008. Ayo. Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration