BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Has anyone ever tried Priceline?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Has anyone ever tried Priceline?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm still obsessing about airline tickets.

I'm trying to hold off a little on buying the Delta tickets and hope for a price drop. But, I was thinking, has anyone tried Priceline? or a comparable site? I know that Priceline picks my flight but with so few to Bonaire, if I bid on tickets with a one stop max from Charleston, only Continental or Delta would work.

I'm considering putting in the max price I'd like to pay ( for a sale ) and giving it a shot. Has anyone ever been successful?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6106) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, we have used Priceline in the past with good results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1092) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy,
We bought our tickets to Bonaire with Priceline 6 months ago. The $ amount was a savings! 2 r/t for less then $500 each...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #404) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 1:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Priceline only operates when flights originate from the USA.

Any suggestions for cheap tickets from Amsterdam to Vancouver?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ron, Where did you fly from?

I'm still browsing and crunching numbers. I found roundtrip on AJ for my dates from Atl for less than $500.00 and can get from Charleston to Atl cheap, IF ( and it's a big IF ) I want to fly Air Jamaica.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1096) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy, Chicago, Ill. (ord)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I tried Priceline tonite. No go. However, AJ is still $478 inc all taxes and fees.

It's a great price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1097) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy, Any airline can have problems! We have taken many trips to Bonaire and other Islands with AJ. 11 trips to Bonaire and got stranded on M/B for 9 hrs. AJ wined and dined us, gave vouchers for airfare and got us back to ord late, but we got home.

Last may, some friends of ours, missed the second leg in M/Bay and AJ flew them in on Sunday with a special flight. Everyone takes a chance when flying to Bonaire! Maybe when the new Divi gets finished it will attract more airline traffic. Only time will tell...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1385) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 1:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy maybe check this out too if you're still shopping:

http://caradonna.com/Article/cdadeltabonaireflts.aspx

Time's running out for this special though but what a deal!

Kobi in Virginia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire, here I come. Just paid for our round trip tickets via AJ from Atlanta. I'd hoped for the Delta flight but, after listening to the pros/cons of AJ, decided that it wasn't worth paying almost twice the price for Delta. I got my round trip tickets for less than $500.00 each. Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1100) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy, In the future try this:
http://www.flycheapabroad.com/?source=TFM
I found May/08 tickets from ord to bon for $505.00 all taxes...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 1:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW! I just priced my dates, and that site was about $80.00 cheaper. I checked all the big online sites and that was the best I found. I don't know how they can beat AJ by 80 for AJs own flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1102) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 4:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That company buys blocks of seats at a deal...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration