BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Holy Cow, Just priced Atlanta to BON on Delta!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Holy Cow, Just priced Atlanta to BON on Delta!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I put in random Saturdays. Leaving March 3-22 from Atlanta at 10AM- 4 hour direct flight and in Bonaire at 1400.

Price!
$388.20

( gonna talk to hubby when he gets home about an extra vaca this year )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 7:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

oops - typo. Dates are Saturday the 8th, through Sat the 22

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #498) on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh my goodness. I just checked out of Detroit in February or out of Cleveland and it's under $700 RT. Sounds like a bargain to me. Luckily I paid $680 on Continental but it's the red eye. I like the flight times much better on Delta. We'll do Delta next time to have a late departure. The arrival is great though too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire #10) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #514) on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great price from Atlanta, but then plug in leaving from Harford, and it jumps to $900 with taxes and fees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5867) on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 8:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jan fly out of Boston and it drops back down to $600. I have the same problem with Manchester, NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 10:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Booked the new Atlanta - Bonaire flight yesterday. Sort of reminds me of the old ALM flight. $358 plus the "junk fees" and it's still about what we paid back in '92. And the flight schedule is wonderful!!!

Fair warning, I'm on my way back!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire #10) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #515) on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 4:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Cecil, I wss looking for my daughter & her boyfriend. They live in Holland, Ma. I will let her know of the price differnce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryle Yarab (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 12:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It goes up in price slightly for later dates (I was looking Late April/May) I think it was $454 with all the fees and taxes for that time. Non-stop from ATL (where I live) is so worth it... the risk of baggage loss or theft goes down greatly.

We flew down on Air Jamaica... oh wait, no we didn't we got put on another airline. What a nightmare. I will never use them again. I gave them a chance despite all the negative things I read about them... but never again.

We just got back late Saturday night... I miss it so much. Not to mention Corinna's Key Lime Pie and Hagen's Tuna Sashimi at Cactus Blue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1074) on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 3:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope Delta works out! Time will tell.. We fly AJ and will till they go out of business!!! 11 Trips and AJ- OK...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, story of my life. I've been trying to buy Atl to Bon for Aug 2nd through the 16th. I could get the week before for $430.00, and have been watching daily for the next week to become available. Since yesterday, the price climbed from 400 to 1000...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryle Yarab (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy...

I just experienced the same thing with the week of May 3rd to May 10th... It's now 900 bucks when it was $450 three days ago... with taxes and fees.

Leave it to Delta. They are probably trying to capitalize on everyone booking flights now.

Did I ever mention how much I hate the airlines? All of them! And hate isn't a strong enough word!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy MacBride (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hate airlines, too. Don't think I could even force myself to use Continental again ( They left me stranded for days this summer without even an "I'm sorry").

I had the money to buy the tickets and was good to go. I just needed to wait till Aug 2nd through the 16th was available. I could buy for July 26th through Aug 9th, but the next week was still unavailable. I checked twice a day...only to have the prices double.

I hope they come down a good bit. At least I have a year to buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 12:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I guess I was lucky. I was planning my first trip to Bonaire but was having difficulty finding flights that worked for me. Just as I was getting discouraged, I found out about the new Delta flight. I jumped on it and got a $400 fare (total price) from Atlanta.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryle Yarab (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 3:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Jim... or whomever else has booked a flight on Delta, can you answer a question for me?

When are you flying and did you book it online through Delta?

I found a week (this afternoon) that still has a cheap rate ($420 with taxes, whereas all other weeks were a minimum of $560 w/o taxes) and tried to book it online. It would not go through. I call customer service, and they say I have to go to a Delta desk to book this flight as e-tickets are not permitted.

By the sounds of it, some of you have booked it online w/o problems.

Now I have to drive to a Delta desk before Sept. 23 @ 11pm to get the flight for this price.
Wouldn't be much of a problem if I didn't live 37 miles away from Atlanta proper.

I hate the airlines... did I mention that before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mara - Hula QUEEN (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2711) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Daryle - where in Atlanta are you? I know that they used to have an office in Marietta near Roswell. There may be other ticket offices closer than having to go to Hartsfield.

When we were looking for ourselves for the last week of March - OUCH over $800 - the week before and the week after - $500 - then the weeks before that were at the $388 range. Screwed us out of a Spring Break trip. Oh well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jenna (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 6:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had the same problem yesterday when trying to book through the Delta site, but was able to buy tickets through Hotwire with no problem and they're sending the tickets via FedEx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mara - Hula QUEEN (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2716) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 10:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOOHOO - we're going for FREEEEEEE. Thanks Delta!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 10:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I booked through Mike at Ultimate Dive Travel. He had been doing some looking around for me so I thought I should give him the business. The first time I tried Delta's web site, I could locate the fare. The second time, when I looked for another couple that wanted to travel with us, I couldn't find it. I ultimately found it on kayak.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #666) on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 11:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks for reminding me that I have loads of Delta miles. could never use them for AJ tickets & I emptied my Continental account for my upcoming trip.

might be worth dealing with a connection in Hartsfield if I can get there free!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mara - Hula QUEEN (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2719) on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It was certainly worth it for us Sue. For us, since we are flying from Tri-Cities, TN it would be $909.20 per person or a total of $2,727.60 for the three of us. But instead it is $58.50 total - so not QUITE free but close enough. I have to say that the travel time is wonderful too. Total travel is 6 hrs and 35 minutes - add in the 20 minute drive to the airport and the being there 35 minutes ahead of time that puts us at 7 hrs and 30 minutes door to door - OH YEAH!!!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration