BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Weight restrictions for Continental
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Weight restrictions for Continental
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1133) on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can someone please tell me the weight allowance on baggage for the Continental flights ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #778) on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 2:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The free allowance is two checked bags per passenger, not to exceed 50 pounds each. You can find the rates for over weight luggage on their website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1134) on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Susan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Murray (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned Saturday via Continental/Hou. Trip there was via Newark.

We left the larger bags behind because I thought there was a size restriction - per their website - but folks had some of the largest luggage I've seen and none had add'l luggage fees, nor were they refused. I imagine these all came in under 50 pounds.

In fact, the return flight was full AND all these large bags made the flight with us. You'd think the plane might not have the room or might be overweighted. Wive tales, huh.

Bring on the BIG LUGGAGE!

Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1137) on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Half the stuff I bring to wear I'll not use. I know that I will live in my bathing suits and sundresses, but somehow I always manage to bring everything but the kitchen sink as Jim sez.
Makes me feel secure somehow.
I'll try to even my bags out and not weigh the plane down LOL. Cann't wait, less than a week !
The smell of fresh NY bagels will fill the air in the cargo bin.
Thanks for the reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6090) on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 11:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lucky Michael! He can smell those bagels, already, Lorraine! LOL. Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration