BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: No AE flight on Saturdays in January????
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: No AE flight on Saturdays in January????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde - Tom's An Old Fart (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2933) on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 7:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am looking at dates, and tried to get the flight from SJU to Bon on Saturday, January 12, 2008. Nada...no flight. The next flight is on the 13th and 14th. Do you think they are canceling the Saturday flight????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1128) on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 11:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Did you forget?
AE is just trying to prevent you from missing AK Dan's annual gathering! :-)

Frankly, I think your trip would be better suited for late March, early April .....:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5860) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 8:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, you're right, Linda, March is a much better month. Hint, hint, nug, nug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2936) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 10:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL Linda and Cecil:-) I'm hooked on January, it was the coolest weather I've experienced. Plus, I have a paid holiday at that time so I don't have to use one more vacation day...lol! AND since my loving husband will NEVER do the redeye...ever...again, it takes us two days to get there now and I only have a week. So, it's fly to SJU, overnight at a nice hotel, then on to bon the next night...I'm ok with it though, cause he said "yes" to my request:-)

I'm calling AA today to find out what the skinny is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5863) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You know Cynde, if you wait for March you can do the Delta flight. Fly to Atlanta and have dinner with Elvira then take the direct flight the next day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry the yes she did it! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6804) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 11:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fly to Cur, then over to Bon.
I have some dates on hold Jan 12-19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2939) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, Michael won't do DAE or Divi Divi either...lol...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (BonaireTalker - Post #84) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can you stash him somewhere on one of the sister islands then, and pick him up on your return?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry the yes she did it! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6806) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, is it the small plane thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2940) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, no. It's the fact that he worked as an aircraft mechanic for Allied Signal and the CG for years. And he will only fly FAA regulated planes. I know, I'm more of the "heck who cares" but he is pretty adimat (sp) about it....the one thing he will never get on...FAA regulated or not is a copter...did it in the CG and he said they defy all aerodynamics of flying...so, I work around it if I can get to Bonaire:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6808) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Drug him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2941) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

lol..."here honey, drink this" he doesn't even take aspirin so it would have to be something in a drink cocktail...lol! Personally, I would LOVE to fly Divi Divi...in the co pilot seat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #450) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde
I can see Michael's point. I think it's pretty safe to say that some aircraft are not maintained to FAA standards,but on the other hand, I hate helicopters but will get in one occasionally. Too much complicated machinery thrashing around, not to mention the noise.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2950) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mickey, probably some US aircraft aren't maintained to FAA standards, but I think he saw so much of it, and the quality control, he just feels like that's the only way he will go...lol! I think he was in a couple copters in the CG, one was when they strapped them all in and then dunked them and they had to get out...I think he still has nightmares about that...I've only been in one, once...in the co pilot seat flying through/over the grand canyon, and it was awesome...but then, I was in my early 20s and not as skeared as I am now...lol!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2952) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, just read your comment...lol!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration