BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Best airline from Aruba to Curacao to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Best airline from Aruba to Curacao to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosie (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 3:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I accidently added this message to the topic below, but decided I should post separately. Sorry about that.

Hi, After reading some of the posts on flying from Aruba to Curacao, I need advice. We fly into Aruba and will try to leave for Curacao as soon as possible. We will spend a week there, and then a week on Bonaire. From what I read I should, use Divi Divi to fly from Curacao to Bonaire.

What do I use to fly to Curacao? What about getting back to Aruba. I can't get to Tiara's schedule. Do I try to fly direct from Bonaire to Aruba? I don't even know if that is possible. Help, please. And Thanks, srt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - www.bsdme.info (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #452) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 7:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You might want to check this link from the yellow pages in Curacao. The links on the page should also work for schedules from Aruba to Curacao. There is a "next" at the bottom which will take you to the next page where Tiara Air is listed.

http://www.yellowpages-curacao.com/Categories/Travel+&+Transportation/Airline+companies/

(Message edited by sporter on August 1, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosie (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Thursday, August 2, 2007 - 6:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Susan. I appreciate the link. Rosie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Bartlett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, August 2, 2007 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is another link I ran across that has some good info.
http://www.vrcurassow.com/2dvrc/sscuracao/alm/windows/popup04.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E. Delorey (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rosie,
We are booked for a somewhat similar trip in Oct. We fly directly into Bonaire, stay in Bonaire for one week and then onto Aruba for one week We found the best method and most likely the ONLY way to get from Bonaire to Aruba to be via DAE. As they do not fly directly between Bonaire and Aruba we will go from Bonaire to Curacao and then Curacao to Aruba. We got a quote and then a confirmation from DAE all via email. Did similar trip 18 months ago when they were Exel airlines. Worked well no problems.

(Message edited by redel17 on August 20, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marilyn M. (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #223) on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was in Aruba for approximately 3 weeks last year and hopped over to Bonaire for 4 days. I went DAE. I had absolutely no problems. It goes up, just when you get used to flying straight, you go down, sit on the Curacao tarmac while other passengers disembark and board, and then off to Bonaire. Same process reversed going back to Aruba. I had no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosie (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 6:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone. I have been able to secure reservations by e-mail from Aruba to Curacao to Bonaire. I have sent several e-mails to try and make reservations for the trip back to Aruba, but they don't respond. I'll keep trying. Thanks again. Rosie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have used DAE when known as they are now-DAe and as Bonaire Excel. The only issue We ever had was with respect to weight of the luggage. More strict than other carriers. Only at least 2 trips, We were charged about $100 US because of the weight of our luggage. Everything else was OK. We had problems contacting them as well and eventually went through Carridonna Tours to arrange for ticketing.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration