BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire Airport Check-in
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Bonaire Airport Check-in
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin McGowan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 10:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

We're checking out on Sunday morning 9/2/07 and taking the 6:00 am flight on Continental. Given the EARLY departure, I'd like to get as much sleep as possible. Can anyone offer advice as to how early I should be at the airport for check in.

Thanks,

Kev

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #764) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Two weeks ago we did the same flight. We were at the airport by 4:15am and were about tenth in line. They did not start to check people in until 5am. Remember to pay your departure tax before you get into line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #858) on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 10:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can pay your departure tax at any time. If you pay it the day you leave you will be in a long line and that takes time. We pay our departure tax on an off day or the day before. That way we don't have to wait in 2 lines on the day of departure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Murray (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 8:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nothing happens til 5am. Do you have a rental car to return? Budget does a walkaround and only takes 5 minutes to tally up or charge for fuel shortage. Family held place in baggage/tix line during this time. Spray for mosquitos and bring water. Discard these prior to the security screen.

And FYI;

We flew Continental in on Saturday the 8th, then out on the 15th (yesterday).

Because I read BT prior to the trip, I knew to pay the "Airport Tax" on Friday. Well, we talked to one of the American Eagle (or other?) lead agents and she went ahead and printed our boarding passes, stapled the tax receipt to each and all we had to do was show up in time to wait a bit for gear bag check-in. This also meant the rest of the family could be elsewhere, or seated, slapping mosquitos.

The little gate area is air conditioned, has a duty-free, and a small drink/snack/coffee store.

Good luck,

Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula Bestwick (BonaireTalker - Post #89) on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

While we were waiting for our flight out to San Juan in the Flamingo Airport, the no see um's found me. Be sure to use your bug spray. In two hours I had more than 25 bites on my legs to take home as souvenirs.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration