BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Passport update
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Passport update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #638) on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I came home from a weekend on Lake Michigan to an e-mail notifying me that my passport had been processed and was mailed to me. I should expect it around July 31st. I don't know if it was the "EXPEDITE" on the envelope, the additional fee, the e-mail to the authorities. Actually, maybe it was Bonaire Talk that gave me such good advice. I will let you know if/when it arrives. Remember, this is a renewal, not a first time passport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Sunday, August 5, 2007 - 9:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just got my renewal; 18 days total time. Much better than what my wife went through. That was regular time; not expedited. The bad thing is that they didn't return my old passport. If I had known that they were keeping it I would have at least photographed my old one. Lots of flamingos in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1104) on Monday, August 6, 2007 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You DO get your old one back, I thought that too and then it came in the mail later on.
I have some old passport stamps with the flamingo on it and thought they where lost forever.
It came later, cancelled. I was so happy to have it back !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #141) on Monday, August 6, 2007 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine, you are right. I'm out of town, but when my wife called me tonight she said that an envelope came and she said it felt like my passport. I'm not certain why she was feeling my mail. Anyway I told her to open it and sure enough the old one was there. So I stand gladly corrected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #640) on Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - 7:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Funny, mine came with my new one...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration