BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Check in Times for AA in Curacao
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Check in Times for AA in Curacao
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Hook (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 3:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone had any experiance with taking the 11:45am DiviDivi flight Bon-cur in order to connect with the 2:10 AA flight to Miami ? The arrival in Curacao is at 12:10 which is just 2 hours before the Aa Flight. Are the counter people at AA in Curacao stricktly enforcing the 2 hour check in rule ? I am concerned that I might not be allowed to check in if I don't get to the AA counter until 90 minutes before my flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Stanfield (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #138) on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 8:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doug,

Divi historically is very reliable. You should have not problem with check in at AA based on the times you gave. AA does however completely close the ticket counter 45 minutes prior to flight time. It should not take you more than 15 minutes to get from the Divi plane to the AA check in counter. My information is based on the last time I checked through CUR which was about 6 months ago. Someone else may have more recent experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Hook (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 10:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am not at all worried about Divi Divi, The concern is AA becoming adamant about being checked in 2 hours before flight time. If they still allow check in up to 45 minutes before flying, we are laughing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #336) on Saturday, August 4, 2007 - 1:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Doug!

I think that is the flight my brother and I took a few years ago and had no problem. That said, the plane was at least an hour late leaving CUR so it might not have been a representative experience. And it was two years ago.

I am trying SEA to IAH to BON this year and will have to see if it is better than going via CUR.

Hope you, R & D are all doing well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H - another with no trip in sight (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1265) on Saturday, August 4, 2007 - 11:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doug, I have done that route with those times (twice last year in fact) and was fine. Because the Divi Divi planes are so small, you make it to the AA check in desk in no time - no wait for your luggage because you pick it up as you get off the plane.

Hope that helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Hook (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Saturday, August 4, 2007 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks guys
We have done this routing twice before with no problems, but the AA flight was 30 minutes later in its departure time. A coworker it turns out just did this run last week, with the new timing. He had no problems at all.
David - The girls are great, Looking forward to returning to the "hello house" ,as Delaney calls the Carib Inn. My folks may do the IAH routing when they join us for our last 2 weeks. Will you guys be down in Oct ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #338) on Sunday, August 5, 2007 - 2:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doug --

My work schedule did not mesh with room openings in Oct or even Nov so, unfortunately, I am doing Sept. I am there three weeks and my brother will also be there two weeks.

I just ordered a new toy -- a camera housing. PM for more info if you are curious.

Dave

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration