BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Pre Departure Arrival Time at ORD
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Pre Departure Arrival Time at ORD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Howick on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 2:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just looked at the AJ web site and they are recommending arriving 3 hours ahead of departure time for check in. Has anyone experienced the the AJ check in process at O'Hare? Do we really need to arrive 3 hours in advance. Our flight is at 6:15 a. m. .......ouch.
Insights appreciated.
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked in to my flight to Orlando (Sept 22) 2 hours ahead...NOT NECESSARY going down but YES in Orlando coming home.

On AA from BOS to BON I checked in 3 hours ahead. NOT NECESSARY...people checked later and were fine. We sat at the gate 2 hours.

My point is it depends..for me I still recommend at least 2.5 hours when departing a big airport..Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Saturday before Thanksgiving we got to Logan ( Boston) 21/2 hrs ahead as Air Jamaica requested. They had their own check-in desk so we didn't need to wait in the long Delta lines. There was only 1 couple ahead of us--what took time was going thru the security check ( 1 hr) once we got thru--we had a leisurely cup of coffee and some brkfst. Don't forget to confirm your flights!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rachel roberts on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 7:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andrew, which day are you flying? We are flying from there at 6:15 Sunday morning and were wondering the same thing about check in time. We are staying overnight at the Hilton in O'hare any idea how far away that is from the AJ gate, or whether we have to go back through security, I am assuming we do? Have a safe trip

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration