BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Getting to Bonaire from Venezuela
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Getting to Bonaire from Venezuela
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Adams (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 9:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Help, we booked a flight from Toronto to Caracas thinking it should be relatively easy to jump over to Bonaire. Only found one flight per week. Can anybody give me other options to get over to the island from Venezuela.

Sandi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2818) on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 10:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Eeeeeee...easy?? Wow..hmm..Transerv Air and DAE fly here. Not easy..but doable...

Reservations@flydae.com
reservaciones@transaven.com ó a los números telefónicos +58-212-3551965, +58-212-3551349 ó +58-212-3552560 FAX.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Adams (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think we are up and running. Have just booked a round trip flight from Caracas to Curacao, so from there to Bonaire I am assuming is easy. Does anybody know the schedules of the dutch interisland flights. I can't seem to find them on the web only contact phone numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #331) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sandra:

Ouch. It can often be hard to get from point a to point b in the carib.

It is easy to get from Curacao to Bonaire (Divi Divi is excellent but flys daylight hours only; DAE is not as good but does fly after dark).

Now, can you get from Vz to Curacao? (A few years ago there was a flight from Maricabo to either CUR or BON).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #332) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi Divi is very frequent (probably every 90 minutes or less) during daylight hours. They would be my first choice -- by far. You reserve by calling (or via email) and pay for the tickets when you get there. Expect to pay about $100 US for a r/t from CUR to BON.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Zeneski (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #122) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your trip would be a WHOLE lot easier if you flew from Toronto to Newark, NJ and then directly to Bonaire on Continental.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #433) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
Not long ago Ann Phelan asked about a Costa Rica Bonaire connection and I found and suggested Copa to Caracas and Transhaven to Bonaire. Now I look at flamingoairport.com and see no mention of any arriving Transhaven flights at all.
Eh-- who knows Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Adams (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 11:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greg... I agree, it would be a whole lot easier, but since we are flying on points with air canada, we only have so many options. We used to travel via Miami (over nighting and then continuing the next day), but we would then be responsible for the expense from Florida to Bonaire. We thought we would overshoot to Caracas (free with points) and than hop back at our own expense. We booked with Aeropostal for $125 USD round trip from Caracas to Curacao. Great timing with our arrival and departure. But getting to Bonaire from Curacao was the question now. But thanks to David (thank you David) with information about reserving on Divi Divi to Bonaire I think we made a good choice. Anyways, if we look upon this as an adventure we shall have no problems and if we do, it will give us something to talk about.... Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shirley fiske (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, October 4, 2007 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are trying to get to BonAire from Caracas as well. We thought we'd arranged reservations with Transaven, only to find that when we went to pay for them, that they don't fly on that day (Sunday) any more, or Saturday for that matter. also, they couldn't find our reservations, even though I had a prinout from my computer . Also, their website is down (under construction). We finally booked on dae through Curacao, but it's enormously expensive. They have lots of flights at least.

How strict are they on weight limits? My dive equipment is very heavy. Has anyone found solutions to getting dive suits, fins, etc. down there on plane with weight restrictions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #220) on Thursday, October 4, 2007 - 9:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DAE is very strict on weight limits. You will be allowed to check overweight luggage, but they will charge you extra.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration