BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: In the What the He77 were they thinking?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: In the What the He77 were they thinking?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5754) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From Bonaire Insider.

Tiara Air Begins New Inter-Island Flight Service from Bonaire to Aruba

The itinerary will be: Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays: Aruba-Bonaire, leaving 9:45 AM, arriving in Bonaire 10:30 AM. After a quick turn around, Bonaire-Aruba, will depart 11:00 AM, arriving in Aruba 11:45 AM.

On Fridays and Sundays, Tiara Air also operates an Aruba-Bonaire flight leaving at 7:00 PM, arriving Bonaire at 7:45 PM. With another quick turn around, Bonaire–Aruba will depart at 8:15 PM arriving in Aruba at 9:00.

Can someone explain to me how a traveler from the states is going to get to Aruba by 9:45AM????? or if you are traveling on the weekend would you want to fly to Bonaire late at 7:00PM?? To early, to late, duh. Nice that it's direct and not DAE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula Bestwick (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 1:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we arrive in Aruba at 3:51 PM and would consider taking the Tiara Air flight directly to Bonaire that left at 7 PM. As a matter of fact, if DAE doesn't post a schedule going past 08January08 pretty soon we'll be very seriously thinking of using the service

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2580) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 2:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil,

Perhaps you should ask the airline about their business model: there must be some method to their madness. Maybe we through travellers to/from Bonaire are not their target audience. Or maybe it is the Bonaire-Aruba direction. Let us know what they say. :–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MalePeka aka Mara (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2359) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Funny thing though Glen, that was what they said their target market was - North American tourists that have a hard time getting direct to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2581) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Interesting. Well, they seem to have at least two prospective customers already in the Bestwicks. :–)

I know very little about Aruba arrivals/departures from/to the US/Canada/Mexico, even from NE. Hopefully Tiara has done their homework and are providing an useful option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula Bestwick (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 6:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I contacted Tiara Air. I need a flight Saturday night and you guessed it, there is none, we have to wait for Sunday morning OR . . . if DAE would only post their schedule beyond 8January08

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #402) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 8:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the past I have been successful by e-mailing DAE at either reservations@flydae.com or info@flydae.com and asking about their schedule. Based on past experience, DAE's flight schedule will likely change very little in January, but it is worth asking. Alternative is to call them at 599 (717) 0808. If calling from the States, dial 011 before dialing the rest of the numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Wahlig (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #244) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 9:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

DAE's schedule for > Jan 08 is most likely the same as it is now. They are a commuter airline and business people rely on their schedule to be consistent. Don't worry. You can probably get tickets after you arrive...

I've used them from Aruba a couple times and never had a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paula Bestwick (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thank you Dr Director and John P Waliq for your comments about DAE. I've contacted DAE by phone(on hold for 15 minutes + then I hung up) and consequently emailed them. The have promised me when the new schedule comes out they will notify me and my travel agent by email so we can make reservations. I know this sounds crazy but I do not want to spend the night in Aruba and fly to Bonaire the next morning!.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Muth (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We also arrive at 3ish on a Sunday and would love to take a direct flight instead of stopping in Curacao. I have heard that Tiara is quite reputable. Does anyone know what this flight would cost and the start date?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5648) on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 8:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carol, just read the first post of this thread and click on the Bonaire Insider, it is all there, I believe their website is listed in the article. :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration