BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamacia
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Air Jamacia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIANE AND BEA (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #181) on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Took the AJ flight from Ohare to Bonaire. Just knew it that we would have problems from the start. In the past we used AJ and swore that we would never use them again, and we thought that we would give them another try. MISTAKE !!!!! Got to Ohare for the 6:40 am flight. First of all AJ fanned out to Ryan International. This plane must of sat in the garage for 17 years. Old, and dirty. The plane needed repair and we sat at Ohare till 8:45 am till the fixed the plane. Got to Jamacia 45 minutes late ( the pilot must of really cruised up there to make uptime ). When we arrived in Jamacia we were greeted by an AJ rep. We were told that they do not hold planes any later than 15 minutes. We all know that the airlines do and here we go with the adventure. We were told that we would be spending the night in Montego bay at the Holiday Inn. We had the fortunate pleasure of staying there 2 years ago on our way home, but this was on the way there. They hearded us like cattle to the pre-arranged buses and took us to the hotel . 48 of us. Gave us the all inclusive. I told the rep that my holiday was to be spent in Bonaire not in Jamacia. Didn't even faze the rep. Took us to the dirty and un-organized hotel. Went to the beach bar for a burger. There was trays of tomatoes, lettuce and onions out there. Oh did I mention the flies that were swarmed and sitting on the food. Gross ! Picked us up at the hotel at 10:00am ( Sun ) for a 12:30 flight. Couldn't wait to get out of there and to the lovely island of Bonaire. FINALLY arrived in Bonaire on Sunday at 4:00pm. Wasted a whole day of our holiday in Jamacia. Ok , that is getting there . Coming home 6-9-07 , we had a 3:10 pm flight. We sat on the runway in Bonaire for 1 hour, plane running , waiting and waiting... For what ? People started asking what are we waiting for?? We first were told that they had to manually load the luggage, then we were told that the captains log book needed to be finished. Finally left at 5:00pm, after sitting there. Got to Jamacia at 6:30pm.... They actually held the plane for us to go home.. MMMHmmm 3 1/2 late , but they held the plane...
Got home at 11:05pm when we were expected in at 8:38 pm. Sorry NEVER again for us .. NO MORE AJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny"Billy Bo Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1389) on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 8:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane,
Sorry you missed out on a day, sucks doesn't it?! I've decided that paying a little more for my ticket on another carrier and getting to Bon when I'm supposed to is priceless. Good luck next trip:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5979) on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 8:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane, sorry to hear about your AJ troubles...we now use Continental non stop into Bonaire out of Newark/EWR. Can you hook up with a flight to Newark or to Houston to grab the Continental flights? We left early, arrived early and coming home it was flawless, as well. Would recommend CON into Bonaire to anyone who can hook up with their flights into Bonaire. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #927) on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 10:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am Pro AJ, but sorry to hear that 1 day of a 7 day holiday was lost due to AJ's flights. Just remember this. If a plane dosen't leave the ground on time that means something is not right about that aircraft! I for one would rather stay on the ground then be in the air in a unsafe craft. It can happen to evry airline (as it does all the time). What will help is to go for 2 weeks rather then 1 week...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos # 9) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #953) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 6:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane..We were treated so shabbily by AJ a couple of years ago that we swore we'd never ever fly them again. We never have.
Please learn from your experience. AJ is one of the worst and it's not getting any better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Halkyard (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 7:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's obvious that our opinions are formed by our experience - we fly AJ from Atlanta and have done so a number of times. Their operations have beeen flawless, their service has been wonderful and their first class fares (in May) incredibly low. But, do we worry a bit each time? You bet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carlea & Geoff (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane, I'm so sorry to hear your experience - my heart goes out to you.

Carole, I'm so happy to hear your take on Continental.

We flew AJ to BON two years ago and it was a nightmare - both coming and going. Swore them off forever. We're taking the Continental red-eye to BON next month. Actually driving three hours north (DC to Newark) to fly four hours south because we'd rather do that than risk having anything to do with AJ.

Oh, and don't bother writing a letter of complaint to AJ. Ours was completely ignored. (We got our revenge though. We got married in the Caribbean last year and advised every single one of our guests to not fly AJ if they actually wanted to make it to the wedding. A small step against AJ, but a giant leap for our sense of justice.)

Doesn't the Continental red-eye flight leave from Houston as well? Diane, seems like that would be an easy jump from Chicago for next time?

Carlea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #620) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 8:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane - sorry to hear of your problems. Our horrible AJ experience was Feb 2005 & we swore never again.

2006 - American, no problems. Connected through SJU on way down and spent the long layover in the old city - felt like a mini-vacation. Came back via CUR/MIA to avoid the 7am departure. Long day, but all flights on time.

2007 - took Continental non-stop from Newark to CUR. Fine, but have already booked the Newark non-stop for 2008 and are looking forward to it (except the red-eye part!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #824) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ = Aggravating Jack Asses. Unfortunately, this airline used to be one of the premiere airlines to fly. Many administrative changes happened through the years, with the government, etc. It has not been good. Unfortunately, they do so much business with Kingston and Montego as hubs, people still fly them.

My greatest aggravating AJ story is when my bud Lutty, from the Divi, was coming up here to visit. He left Bonaire on time. He did arrive in Montego. Here is where the story goes insane. They just arbitrarily cancelled the flight to Philadelphia. Lutty could not call me, as he had to hurry up and get on a flight to Newark.

When I got home from work, I had the foresight to check AJ's website to see about his flight coming in to Philadelphia. I saw it had been cancelled. Here is where my blood pressure almost gave me a stroke. I called AJ. I got the run around to about seven different people, of course being put on hold for a long time between each person. They would not give me any info about his flight, as it was policy. Finally, I did ask one woman, "If they put him on another flight, would he go to the nearest airport to Philadelphia that AJ serves?" She replied, "Yes." I then said, "If I drove up to Newark, would I have a good chance of picking him up there?" She again replied, "That would probably be the place, as there is a flight going there." I did, and sure enough out comes Lutty amazed that I was there. In fairness to AJ, they were going to limo him right to my house. Going home to Bonaire, they cancelled his flight from Philadelphia to Montego, but got him on a flight to Aruba. I don't think he ever plans to fly AJ again. "Let's get together and feel all right."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cole (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was on the same flight as Diane from Bonaire but going to Atlanta and we were only 2hrs. late getting to Atlanta. There was computer problems in Bonaire and then a storm prevented us from landing in MBJ. Then there was a delay leaving MBJ while they ran our check bags through security then loaded them. I for one was very pleased that they held three planes in MBJ for passengers coming from Bonaire, so I guess they are not all bad. Some of these problems were not the fault of the airline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5432) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 3:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane, sorry to hear about AJ and the delays. I had good and some really bad experiences with AJ, don't fly them anymore. I use American and now Continental. I am so happy Continental started a non stop out of Newark! Still, in the winter, I will rely on American as Continental still only flies once a week at this point. All others, will take Continental on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #621) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 3:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our first trip to Bonaire started with AJ problems. Was booked from Newark. Around 9pm on Friday (had 8am Saturday flight) I checked flighttracker and was seeing some weird stuff on the inbound flight, I called AJ to check. After 10-15 minutes on hold was cheerfully told my flight was operating 3 hours late the next day. When I asked if they were going to hold my connecting flight, I was told NO (after holding...), but they would put me on the flight the next day. I politely told them that they didn't fly to BON on Sundays...hold again...they would fly us into Aruba and get us to BON...by now I'm almost in tears and it's nearly 10pm and I'm still not packed...I then took a deep breath and asked if we could fly out of JFK the next day...hold..."NO, flight is full"...then, another breath - Philadelphia?...hold..."YES"...OK, but can you change my return to Philly, so I won't leave a car in Philly (we only live 15 minutes from Newark airpot)...hold..."NO"...I said make the change to leave from Philly and hung up.

By now it's almost 11pm, we are not completely packed, the kids are in bed, my husband is wondering where I am, as we have a friend staying with us who is driving us to the airport at 5:30am...i go upstairs with phone in hand babbling to husband that we need to get to Philly (it's a 2 hour drive), wake up friend babbling she needs to drive us to Philly, when husband does have brilliant idea to rent car at Newark Airport for one-way rental to Philly. we call Hertz, get it arranged, including car seat for youngest, as NJ carseat law is 8 yrs old; throw rest of stuff we think we need in last suitcase, wake up kids, have friend drive us to Newark Airport Hertz location and at 12:30am rent car at Hertz. (decide it was better to drive down now, rather than try to sleep 2-3 hours) Made to Philly Hertz facility around 2:30am - told terminal is closed until 5/5:30am. We try to sleep in Hertz waiting area while CNN blares in the background. As we pulled in, it began to snow...by 5:30am, 2+" on the ground (aren't we glad we drove down that night). Get on plane - after multiple de-icings we finally take off around 10am. Run through the MBJ airport, as they claim the plane is being held. Run onto BON plane, plop down next to Alan & Joan Zale. Life was much better - had champagne, got the inside scoop from them on where to go... While my daughter got sick from the ordeal (earache/fever - met the doctors on the island), we felt it was worth it, as we met several people who spent 1-2 nights in another island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Halkyard (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 3:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey,are we talking nightmares getting to Bonaire? Anybody remember ALM? The good news - they flew non-stop ATL to BON and a direct flight back to ATL with a stop in Curacao. The bad news - it hardly ever worked. The worst one? We boarded in BON, when we arrived in CUR, we were asked to gather our carry ons and get off the plane. We did as told and watched as a new plane load boarded and took off! There we were having no idea what was happening until the whole bunch of us were herded to a counter with 2 folks working to re-book 150 of us. I stood in line for 6, count 'em, 6 hours (that's not approximately, or almost, or exaggerated - it was 6 hours by the clock. When I got to the counter, I was told that my 1st class ticket rated priority treatment - spend the night in CUR and get home via Caracas the next day. Priority treatment??

Compared to this, my experience with AJ is like dying and going to heaven!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #928) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Been using AJ for Ten years now and will use them till they go out of business! They have the best Island times of all the carriers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm with Ron. We have used AJ for 12 trips. We have been delayed a time or two on the way home, but never any serious issues. They did "misplace" one of our bags once on the way home, but they drove it to my house two days later. And that was the bag I had all the Brights packed in - but thank goodness none of them broke!!

We are leaving on July 5th for 10 days on AJ. My fingers are crossed, but you take your chances with any airline.....

Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carlea & Geoff (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 4:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue, your experience sounds a lot like our flight down two years ago from Baltimore (although the PITA that that was paled in comparison to the ride home). The thing that burns me about Air Jamaica is that, from what I can tell by our experience and others on this board, AJ knows the night before that their flights will be delayed and the folks heading to Bonaire will get stuck. And yet there is no heads up phone call from their Customer Service folks and there is no contingency plan that makes good sense. In the days leading up to our trip the last time, we were hearing about these horror stories from folks flying AJ and we just kept our fingers crossed that it wouldn't happen to us (didn't work). I can't believe I'm still hearing these stories two years later.

Why haven't they yet devised a back up plan of some sort? A second flight to Bonaire? Or a later flight to Bonaire? I'm no aviation expert (although I play one on television), but it seems like that would be an issue I'd tackle if I was working at AJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2752) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I need to jump in...honestly I miss Air Jamaica. Yes, I had my share of flightmares and layovers at that crummy Holiday Inn courtesy of Air Jamaica but from Boston it was 10 hours door to door and when it was good, man it was great.

AA has it's share of woes, trust me. I have many flightmare stories concerning my clients. They include lost lugggage for days, luggage never to be seen again, theft from luggage in SJU, denied boarding for many reasons (most being they overbooked and needed to boot someone)...

It's the luck of the draw when one flies IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ayorkiemom in Virginia (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #441) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL.....OH ALM! UGH...that was a flightmare as Ann would say! All Luggage Missing is what they were good at; thank GOD they're gone.

We fly first class AJ from Baltimore to MoBay and then BON. Have done so for 8 years now, sometimes twice a year, and like Ron and a few others will do so till they will do it no more. In all those years we have only overnighted in MoBay one time and never any luggage missing.

Leaving again July 21st. I probably just jinxed myself now after harping on the good times we have had.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5983) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann...I think you miss the Ting, the most! LOL. (only joking). cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5434) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 8:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If AJ ever increases it's flights to Bon and improve their aircraft dependability, of which I have doubts on their maintenance from other articles, not here on BT, I want to make that clear, then I would love to fly with them again, but it still is only once a week, and Continental has a much better track record than AJ so far... American, yes, they have their problems too, but at least they fly more than once a week, have I lost luggage, sure on all of them at one point of time or other.. Just my 2 cents. AJ does have the best air times and was the best in the past, pricing too. I certainly don't want any airline to go under, hoping that in the future, they can get back to what they once were. For now, I may pay more $$ to get to Bon, but at least I "think" my chances of arriving there on time or very close to it are better. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2095) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 8:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

before we stumbled across bonaire we took a trip (st. lucia) using AJ...on the way back there was a flight delay...they re-scheduled the flight and held it while we were outside the terminal, smoking cigs and drinking a pint of something...

they were literally closing the door when we heard our names called over the loudspeaker - from the look of the faces on the passengers already seated it did not seem like such a good idea to thank them for waiting while i finished a smoke;) ...hot airport, hot tarmack...

then the flight had to fly around a bit to avoid some weather...another pint of something on the plane...i'm surprised i remember anything from that flight;) - oh wait, the terrible inflight AJ/Jamacia marketing video;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #747) on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 8:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As Ann says, it is the luck of the draw with air travel. I have "flightmare" stories not only to/from Bonaire but to/from domestic destinations as well. My "favorite" was when we could not fly home out of LA because forest fires were threatening an FAA station in the mountains of California and it had to be evacuated so there were not air traffic controllers to hand over flights after they left LA. We rented a car, went to the Getty museum, had dinner on Santa Monica pier and took a much later flight --- I did lose a day of work but at least I can say I have been to the Getty Museum. Unfortunately not all delays allow for one to find things to do other than sit in an airport. Every time I book for Bonaire I just keep my fingers and toes crossed that I do not lose precious Bonaire time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2753) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 5:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole, DARN RIGHT I miss my Ting, and my canned akee, fever grass tea, Jamaican patties..the bobsled kiosk...

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Reilly (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I do NOT want to appear to be a defender of AJ, but I think a little perspective on the recent history of AJ may prove useful.

In 2005, AJ was forced to ground several of its planes because they did not meet the maintenance requirements of the FAA. (Makes you wonder, doesn't it.) As a result, the AJ schedule went to hell for about 6 months and there were LOTS of horror stories. I posted a notice of this problem in a timely manner on BT, but a lot of folks appear to have missed it. (A good reason to glance at BT frequently, as I do - there are gems every now and then.)

Since then, AJ has been working to restore its relationship with its customers.

We flew AJ this April to Bonaire and had a good flight. They even held the plane from Montego Bay to PHL, as the flight from Bonaire was late departing (not a mechanical problem, a mess at check-in). Even our luggage made it back to PHL with us.

We will fly AJ again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sherry Garay (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 1:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob-a portable DVD player is a must for the AJ flight. Instead of the repetitive video tour of Jamaica we were able to watch Braveheart.

I fly internationally several times a year and I actually enjoyed the AJ flight to BON so much that I sent them a note complimenting them.

I have flown on some really sketchy regional airlines in Europe/Eurasia so for me AJ was quite nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos # 9) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #955) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sherry..Betcha dollars to donuts your note complimenting them has been framed and is in the CEO's office!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #815) on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Ted, we remember ALM. It was our first trip to Bonaire, flew from Houston to Miami the ALM to Bonaire. The flight wasn't so bad, it was the 6 hour layover at Miami International. We really enjoyed the AJ flights because we could stay 10-14 days without a problem. But they stopped the Houston flight and we would have to fly to FLA or Jamaica to catch an AJ flight and the is just to much trouble. The Houston/Bonaire Continental flight is working well for us right now and hopefully they will put on another flight during the week so people can do a 10 day trip (would be nice but probably won't happen) so far have not lost luggage on Bonaire trips, only time we had that problem was on TACA coming back to Houston from Roatan, luggage went to Guatemala before going to Houston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2773) on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

JM left today around 6 PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #259) on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have traveled on all airlines going to Bonaire for the past 14 years and have had problems on all flights at one time or another. The most erratic for us was A/A and ALM. However Air Aruba was known for flight cancellations without notice. We flew AJ last year and were very pleased and we plan to use them in January, 2008. Thank goodness it is worth the anxiety.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #171) on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica when it works out is a great schedule for us Phila or BWI folks. Leave 7:30-8:30 into Bonaire at 2:30. Coming back you get to dive until 3 PM the day before your flight. Often the fares were less than $400. Of course on one terrible trip we got to stay at the Holiday Inn going down and another resort coming back. 5/6 trips we connected OK but on one the 8:30 flight would have missed the connection but an agent moved us to an earlier flight and we made it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lisa z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #148) on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In October, we'll fly AJ to Bonaire. This will be our 5th time flying them, and I have to tell you, never a problem. On time, staff wonderful. We had miserable flights on American both to Bonaire and Dominica. For us, AJ has been the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Butts (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - 4:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This was our first AJ flight so take it for what it's worth.

We recently took AJ from Ohare (6/16/07) to Bonaire which was outsourced to Ryan International and everything was on time and went well.

The flight back was a different story. Our scheduled flight was for 6/30/07 BON->MBJ->ORD, but the AJ flight into BON was late which caused everyone going to ORD to miss our connection flight. AJ put us up for the night at Breezes Montego Bay. I was expecting the worst possible accommodation (I'm not a Jamaica fan, so I had *very* low expectations), but Breezes was okay for the night. The AJ representative told the group of us that missed the connection that we should be in the lobby ready for the bus to the airport at 2:30pm, we were all there but the bus was late by at least an hour. Eventually the group of us got to the airport only to have the departure further delayed. We finally made it back to ORD a day later than planned 7/1/07 at ~11pm.

I'm glad the delay was on the way back from Bonaire not going to Bonaire. We heard a few different experiences with AJ through ORD from people in our group. One couple said AJ was always consistently late, but never to the point of missing a connection. Another person said AJ has been on time, and this was their first time being delayed.
I was dissatisfied enough with AJ that I will look into other ways to BON, but AJ won't stop us from getting back to Bonaire it was worth all the hassles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Schmetzer (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Friday, July 6, 2007 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was on the return flight on June 23, which was also running late although not nearly as late as the one on the 30th. We arrived in MBJ only 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of our flight to Atlanta.

No problem man, They said the Atlanta flight had been delayed due to a problem with catering the meal. When was the last time you heard that one! Then we waited an additional 45 minutes to an hour so they could transfer all the luggage from our Bonaire flight to the Atlanta flight. I guess the prospect of having to deliver bags for more than 50 people across the SE US convinced them to wait for it all. For those of us who either lived in the Atlanta area or were already planning to overnight there, the late departure with all the luggage was welcomed. I'm sure those who missed connections in Atlanta probably had a different perspective.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration