BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire to Aruba in Oct 2007
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Bonaire to Aruba in Oct 2007
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E. Delorey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 9:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We want to fly from Bonaire to Aruba on Sunday, Oct 14, 2007. What are the Pros & Cons of Divi-Divi vs DAE? How reliable are they? Are both financially sound and likely to still be in business come October? Do either offer direct flights or do we have to route through Curacao?
We made a similar trip 18 months ago and flew with Bonaire-Exel, which I believe is now Divi-Divi Airlines. How long has DAE been in operation? I am get quite nervous making long term reservations with with these small, transient airlines.

dd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #811) on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 12:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have not flown with either one but from what everyone says both are good. Bonaire-Exel is DAE now not Divi-Divi. Divi-Divi does not fly to or from Aruba so you will have to use DAE and you will make a stop in Curacao. I have been checking on flights to Curacao or Aruba and then to Bonaire, so far it is better for us to do Continental if only going for a week.

If this info is not correct someone will let us know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1276) on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I flew with DAE Aruba-BON, and BON-Aruba in Jan/Feb this year. No problems, a little late, both directions, but that's not unique to DAE, for sure!!! I allowed plenty of time for connections as I'm now gun-shy if I'm not all on one airline for a trip.
Returning through Aruba was a because of having to go through immigration and customs. A total mess, and I was REALLY glad I had 3 hours for the connection...
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2749) on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 6:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Having the DAE add on from to Aruba ads quite a price tag to the trip. What if your US flight is delayed? Oct. is Hurricane season so....

I had clients going thru Aruba miss their DAE connection and have to wait DAYS to get to Bonaire. If I had to go to another island I choose Curacao. More flights to BON. IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henk Schrijver (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #170) on Monday, July 9, 2007 - 7:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

Last year we flew with divi from Bonaire to Curacao, but our bag went to Aruba. Is Divi still flying Bonaire - Aruba or only DEA. And what is the price for a day trip to Aruba? Are there any other posibilities?
(For jan 2008)

Henk

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration